Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Characteristic Relationship used via Filter for derivation in Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

hopefully you can help me with following issue:

Currency is an Attribute from Company. I created a Characteristic Relationsship to derive Currency from Company

Afterwards I created an Aggregation Level with fields

Currency, Company, Material, Amount, Quantity, Unit.

On this Aggregation Level I defined a Filter with Company which will be filled from a Variable (Replacement Path, Query, single value).

I use this Filter in a Ready-Input Query and defined it like follows:

Rows: Amount and Quantity (restricted to TO)

Column: Material and Currency

The field currency should be filled automatically with Currency from Company but it did't. Due to this the Query is not ready input.

I know that it can be filled via User Exit but this is my last solution if nothing else is working. A Variable with Replacementh path and filled by Attribute of Company does not solve my issue.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kind Regards

Doris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also create a variable for currency of exit type ,where in step=2 you can fill it with the master data value of comapany.Restrict the currency with this variable in filter,remove it from row..

Hope this may help

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doris,

if you want to fill currency by a characteristic relationship you need to create a characteristic relationship (as you did) and you should not include the currency in the aggregation level.

Regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

thanks for the Answer.

The problem is, that 0AMOUNT has 0CURRENCY as Currency. Therefore the Currency is automatically in the Aggregation Level.

Regards

Doris

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case, exit variable for currency is the only option. In i_step2, read the variable value of company and populate currency by looking up company master data. This works. And one more thing, derivation works at the last (i.e., on save), not at the starting to give the currency. The sequence of char. relationship will be Combination check will happen at initial & final stage of planning, Combination proposal will happen at the initial stage whereas derivation happens at the last upon save. In your case, derivation will not work because both company & currency are in aggregation level.

0 Kudos

Hi Doris,

what I don't understand why a variable of type replacement path that picks the currency from the company does not work.

Have you tried this ?

Regards,

Gregor

P.S.

Characteristic relationships work on records; this concept does not have an impact on filters or variable replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you all for your answers. I used Workpackages for my issue. I picked it upfrom the "How to Use workpackages to control Locking in BI Integrated Planning".

With this solution I can fill the currency with Replacmenth Path from Attribute Company.

This is the first time that I worked with Workpackages for Authorization and I can recomend it because you don't need an User Exit.

Kind Regards

Doris