cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP: Best Practice for capturing Key Figure input value in characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have the requeirement to capture a plannable key figure as a characteristic as well for reporting reasons.

Input in the key figures will be a closed value ist (1 to 5) so no new master data will be created by that in the respective characteristics.

My first guess was an exit characterisic relationship, but obviously it is named "Characteristic Relationship" for a reason, as you cannot not derive values from key figures here.

Any ideas on what would be the best and easiest implementation scenario?

Many thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

If you want to use particular key figure value as characteristic then you can directly load the key figure data in a characteristic in Infocube and then use the same in report.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee,

using an exit characteristic relation was my first impuls too.

Problem is, that i cannot specifiy key figures as input parameters for the characteristic relationship in the planning modeler.

Here you only can select characteristics. Hence I cannot access the key figure vlaues within the exit relationship.

Any Idea on a solid workaround here?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

balajee_sivakumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You can derive a characteristic value from a keyfigure using Characteristic relationship of type "EXIT".

Kindly let me know if your issue doesn't get solved using the EXIT type char rel.

EXIT type characteristic relationship:

The valid characteristic combinations and derivable characteristic values are defined by the customer-specific implementation of the specified exit class.

The exit class must implement the interface 'IF_RSPLS_CR_EXIT'. Only these types of classes are offered for editing in maintenance. We recommend that you derive your own class from the example class 'CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE'. You then only have to implement the methods u2018CHECKu2019, u2018DERIVEu2019 and u2018CREATEu2019. The class 'CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE' itself can be used directly, but it does not execute an action.

Note also the example source code given in the template class; an infrastructure for buffering is provided there, for example.

Regards,

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can do without it being derived on the fly, you could derive it using a process in a scheduled process chain at night time.