cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory - Non Cumulative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have inventory data coming from legacy syste.

I have the following fields.

Date Mtrl Qty.

As this is coming daily and i would like to keep the history in the ODS as well as cube. How can i make Qty as non cumulative with out Inflow / Out flow.

I should be looking at the reports based on wk, month and qtr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thejo,

A non-cumulative is a non-aggregating key figure on the level of one or more objects that is always displayed in relation to time. Examples of non-cumulatives include headcount, account balance and material inventory.

If your InfoCube contains a non-cumulative key figure, then a time-based reference characteristic for the exception aggregation of the non-cumulative key figure must exist.

There can be several time characteristics per InfoCube, but only one time reference characteristic. This means, that the time-based reference characteristic is the same for all the non-cumulative key figures of an InfoCube.

This link is very helpful and informative:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a62dee07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Let me know if this helps.

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Thi helps.

If we dont have any Noncumalative kf with In-flow and Out-flow, we have to create a KF with exception aggreation -with respect to time characteric. Is that right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thejo,

Thats right. Please follow the procedure described when using time-referenced characteristics.

PS: Please assign points to all those who helped you in your endeavors.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thejo ,

There is a how to paper on handling Inventory for BW available on SDN.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how to handle inventory management scenarios in bw.pdf

this might be what you are looking for.

Arun