cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid upgrade mode detected. (UMT 20201)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in process of upgrading BOXI 3.1 to BI4 on Linux, and below is the command I am trying to run.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/jdk

export PATH=/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/jdk/bin:$PATH

when I run the command

java -jar upgrademanagementtool.jar

I get the following error

warning: ORB.init: unknown property `ooc.orb.policy.request_timeout'

warning: ORB.init: unknown property `ooc.orb.policy.connect_timeout'

Upgrade management tool will now perform a Complete Upgrade.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid upgrade mode detected. Refer to the documentation for a list of acceptable modes. (UMT 20201)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.PageLogOn.onTextModeInvocation(PageLogOn.java:546)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.UpgradeManagerConsole.showPage(UpgradeManagerConsole.java:69)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.UpgradeManagerConsole.open(UpgradeManagerConsole.java:43)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.UpgradeManagerMain.run(UpgradeManagerMain.java:104)

Invalid upgrade mode detected. Refer to the documentation for a list of acceptable modes. (UMT 20201)

thanks

LUZ JANETH IDARRAGA MILLAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following KB 1640894 - How to: Linux/Unix Upgrade Management Tool command line .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for your help

LUZ JANETH IDARRAGA MILLAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luz,

I met the same error with you when I run upgrademanagementtool.jar.how as the upgrade guide could you show me how  to run upgrademanagementtool.jar correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Germin.Huang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in process of upgrading BOXI 3.1 to BI4 on Linux,It created a script to run based on the KB 1640894 - How to: Linux/Unix Upgrade Management Tool command line, variables are set up java,

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/jdk

export PATH=/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/jdk/bin:$PATH

and run the script containing this information

/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/jdk/jre/bin/java -Xmx2g -Djava.library.path="/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/apps/upgradeManagementTool/jars/" -Djava.io.tmpdir="/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/tmp" -jar "/usr/boMcal/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/apps/upgradeManagementTool/jars/upgrademanagementtool.jar" -mode livetolive -source "embera:6400" -sourceusername "Administrator" -sourcepassword "b0cali2010" -destination "rigel:6400" -destinationusername "Administrator" -destinationpassword "b0cali2012" -logfile "/usr/boMcal/test/logs/myLogFile.csv"

get the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./upgradeManagementToolSystem.properties (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.bootstrap.UMSystemProperties.<init>(UMSystemProperties.java:34)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.bootstrap.Main.runMain(Main.java:40)

at com.businessobjects.upgrademanager.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:225)

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luz,

The upgradeManagementToolSystem.properties file will be under XXXXX/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/apps/upgradeManagementTool/jars/.

Have u checked the file permissions and owner of the file.

Run the script after going to the path:

XXXXX/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/apps/upgradeManagementTool/jars/.

Hopefully it works.

Regards,

Aparna.