cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization stopped working for CAP CDS: invalid file name i18n.properties.properties

danilo_apicella1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

some time ago I defined a set of labels for each of my entities properties through the usage of an annotation referencing an i18n file. It worked for a while until I started to experience an error when running the application similar to the following:
Corrupt .properties file: /home/vcap/app/_i18n/i18n.properties.properties
So I renamed my i18n file removing the suffix ".properties" thinking it was automatically appended in the latest releases. I did not get the error anymore but I see that the internationalization has no effect since then. Weird thing, according to the documentation the suffix should not be removed. We also had to get back to previous versions of cds and we still keep getting this error. Any idea on how to solve it?
david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

Can you tell us which stack you're using, Node.js or Java? And which version?
Thanks and best regards,
David

danilo_apicella1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello David,

we are using the Node.js stack with cds version 3.34.2. Anyway I had a previous version of the project that did not have this problem. I copied the directory, brought it into the latest snapshot and applied the changes to make it identical to the latest version of the module. The two versions of the node.js module appeared to be identical, also in the hidden files. But the behaviour is different anyway and I still cannot explain it. It occured both in sap web ide and on my laptop, so it does not appear to be related to un-committed files.

Regards

chgeo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you link or attach the project with the files that cause the issue?

danilo_apicella1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

unfortunately I am not allowed to do so.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)