cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know, maximum of how many records an internal table can hold and also what is the maximum memory(size) an internal table can hold.

Thanks in Advance.

Yaseen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no size limit on the internal table. The Occurs or Initial size parameter determine the number of lines that are created when table itself is created. However, the table is extendede dynamically on demand. When you specify with occurs statement, those many lines are created. When these lines are filled, again number of lines specified with occurs statement are created. Suppose if you specify <ITAB> with occurs 10, initally 10 lines are created in <ITAB>. If 10 lines get filled, 10 more lines are added. If these are also filled 10 more lines are added. If you specify Occurs 0, in that case memory specified in Basis setting gets allocated , example 8 KB. Once this is filled, 8 KB more is added.

If internal table is too large, looping the table or reading table for a particular record takes much time and may result in time out error and program goes to dump. Hope this gives you clear picture.

All the Best,

Ramesh Kashigari.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen,

To check up the memory consumption you can use while debugging mode GOTO -> Display consition -> Memory use

But Maximum size I don't know.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not size limit for the internal table.

At runtime some memory will allocate to the internal table. If it crosses, the program shows the dump.I have faced this problem earlier.

Regards

KER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Now we are facing problem with internal table as the memory exceeds for it and it is going for the dump. actually we assigned internal table to the field symbol , but now also it is going for the dump . Could you let me know how do you rectified this problem .

Many Thanks in Advance,

Raghav

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen,

Welcome to SDN.

Well there is no size limit for internal table.

It all depends on the system installation..

Regards,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see many parameters.. where as I couldnt find specific to Internal table parameter... Could u please let me know the parameter name if you have previlage.

Thanks,

Yaseen

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen,

I think it's an option maintain in the RZ10 transaction by your SAP adminisator.

Regards

Frédéric