Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error on Wily Introscope

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Wily Introscope 8.1.0.0 on my SLES9 production server. The installation completes without any errors. Starting via "EMCtrl.sh start" works and there are no errors in the log files. However when I try to access http://<server>:8081 I get an Internal Server Error 500 from the jetty server.

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/

Any ideas on this or at least some hints on where I can find the jetty logs? Does the jetty server write any logs at all? (I did not find them)

btw: a test installation with the same packages on Ubuntu 9.04 worked just fine.

Best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can any body provide me the document for Configurating Wily Introscope

Please do the needful asap.

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yep, same error on all these pages.

There is no browser on the server, but I tried with wget and still received the error page.

Regards,

Michael

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the port is bound and i can access it. But instead of a webpage the above mentioned Internal Server Error 500 is displayed in the browser.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you also try these pages?

http://<server>:8081/workstattion

http://<server>:8081/webview

Same error?

Is it possible to start a browser directly on the server and try there?

Cheers Michael

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I already searched through this file, but no word about my internal server error. And apart from this folder I have not found any logs so far.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check, if the port 8081 is bund at all? Try a telnet <server> 8081 and (as root) lsof -i tcp:8081

Maybe another process is already running on that port.

Regards, Michael

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK, it looks like nobody has experienced this error so far. Can at least somebody tell me how to make the jetty server talk a little more? I have not found any log files yet. Configuring the em-jetty-config.xml like you would do with the usual jetty.xml does not seem to help either.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look into the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log (/usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/logs/) yet? Here is a part of mine:

9/23/09 11:36:55 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager.Bootstrap] Load all Management Modules complete.
9/23/09 11:36:55 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager.HighConcurrencyTransportServer] Starting High Concurrency Transport Server
9/23/09 11:36:55 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager.PostOfficeHub] Server listening for incoming default socket connections on port 6001
9/23/09 11:36:55 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager] PostOfficeHub: Jetty Web Server is enabled
9/23/09 11:36:55 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager.AxisHttpTunnelingServer] Starting HTTP Tunneling Server
9/23/09 11:36:56 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager] Connection Initiator listening...
9/23/09 11:36:56 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager.MMHotDeployEntity] Will monitor /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/deploy for new files every 60 seconds
9/23/09 11:36:56 AM CEST [INFO] [Manager] Introscope Enterprise Manager started.

My Enterprise Manager seems to have all logfiles in that logs directory.

Regards Michael

MDöllinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

thanks for your effort. But I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding. I have not deployed any agents yet. The error occurs on a clean install of Introscope Enterprise Manager. I was not able to access the webpage at all.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had faced simillar issue.

In non self-monitoring case, ISAgent80*.sca is deployed and you can run normally the IS agent setup

In self-monitoring case (until LMService SP02 Patch 5), this is not possible to use Wily 8 agent on the solution manager itself.

In this case, deploy ISagent7.2*.sca, set the property IS7XtoEM8X like described in SAP Note 1272620 and run the IS agent setup.

Then, deploy again the ISagent8.0*.sca for the other systems you will have to setup.

"Can you post the versions used."

I brief i can define it.

-

Wily Agent is activated by putting additional JARS into the boot classpatch of the monitored J2EE nodes during the Managed system setup.

According to note 1273028: Solution Manager SP18 (without patches) cannot install Introscope BCIAgent 8.X because of an inconsistency in that Solution Manager build. SP18 P1 is needed.

BCIagent 8.X cannot be used for SMD self-monitoring. Use Java agent version 7.2 for self monitoring of the Solution

Manager Java stack. Otherwise Setup for Introscope Agents fails with

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

com.wily.isengard.api.TransportConfiguration.<init>(IZZ)V ...

This means that you need to make firstly the setup of the Wily agent for the solution manager itself, this means to download the software ISAGENTSMD72_03-10005468.SCA

1.Use SMD on the managing system to install the software in the managing

system, solman system.

2.Use diagnostics to deploy the software to the managed system via Agent

administration, in this case the managed system is the solman itself.

3. Execute Introscope agent setup.

4. Restart the Java server node.

5. Re-execute the Managed system setup to finish the setup of the wily

host agent.

So, you have the solman system in a solution to check the solman system

itself.

After this you can download ISAGENTSMD8.SCA, WILY INTROSCOPE AGENT 8.

1.Via SMD make the deployment in the solman system and run now the setup

of the managed system,steps 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Wily Agent is activated by putting additional JARS into the boot

classpatch of the monitored J2EE nodes during the Managed system setup.

-

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shyam.