cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface mappin in File to File using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

why is it that in a asynchronous File to File scenario using BPM,we make interface mapping between outbound message interface and the abstract message interface whereas in general its between outbound and inbound message interface.also why we dont have any interface mapping between Abstract interface and inbound interface.

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

First of all there is no need of message mapping and interface mapping between

1) outbound interface and abstract interface.

2) abstract interface and inbound interface.

XI automatically directs the outbound message to it's associated abstract interface and vice versa for the inbound interface.

By the way is your scenario working now?

Regards,

Ashish

Message was edited by:

Ashish Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx,well i m still stuck up with the return code for the Integration process,i m still waiting for the admin guys to give me authorization to activate the integration process in SXI_CACHE.

i hope it should wrk when the return code is 0.

thanx for your concern.

also if u dont mind,could u please send me step by step procees to do an ABAP proxy to file scenario,i m new to ABAP as well so u may have to explain the steps a little bit,specialy the r/3 part(if any).and also under what real world scenario we use ABAP proxy to File

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Click on your Intergration process and see what the errors are. And correct the same and only then you wuill get a return code of 0.

The error is because of some incorrect settings in your BPM.

ABAP Proxy to file--> this blog is the best way to do it,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Real world scenario for ABAP proxy to file would be any SAP to a Leagcy System Integration. When the data volume is very high, SAP strongly recommends to use Proxies. Just rememebr that the WAS of your SAP system should be 6.20 or greater.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addming to ashish 's answer.

There are 2 ways to do mappings when you deal with BPM's .

<u><b>1. Inside the BPM</b></u>

You use a transformation step inside the BPM, select the interface mapping and the corresponding container elements for your source and target message interface. In this case you will have an interface mapping between 2 Abstract message Interafces as the mapping is happening inside the BPM.

<u><b>2. Outside the BPM</b></u>

You create an Interface Mapping between an Abstract Message Interafce and an Outbound or Inbound Messge Interface. You select the corresponding Interface mapping in the interface determination.

To have a good performance of the BPM, it is best to do the transfromations as much as possible outside the BPM.

Regards.,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey bhavesh

a real quick question,if we use proxy to transfer files from legacy to SAP system WS greater that 6.2,does that means its replacing BDC?if not how is dis different from a BDC.

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Am not very much sure on this, but AFAIK, BDC is used for one time data loads.

XI AFAIK should not be used for such cases.

just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Isn't it true that, it's better to do mappings inside BPM as BPM is a container element for the whole process and easily portable. pls correct if I am worng?

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

From the link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

<i>Every step of an integration process uses Integration Server resources.

&#9679; Every message that is sent to the Process Engine is duplicated.

&#9679; Every message that is sent from the Process Engine is duplicated.

&#9679; A work item is created for the process itself and for every step the process contains.

This means that for a process that just receives one message that is sent without being processed further, four messages and three work items are created.

For this reason, you must ensure that you take Integration Server resources into account when you define integration processes. </i>

So, by having the transformation outside the BPM , you are avoiding one message to be stored inside your BPM and therby the replication. The message that hits the BPM is the transformed message directly which avoid consumption of resources.

So, as much as possible keep mappings outside the BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked my Integration process in both I.R and I.D. it looks fine to me,few things which i wanna make sure.i have only one container element in Integration process in I.R.(as i m jst doin receive>>send),and in integration process in I.D ,under the receiver and sender tabs i have the same abstract message interface,do they need to be different?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

it looks good. See for the error details in SXI_CACHE when you activate it from tere and then let us know.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh the main problem is i can't activate the Integration process as i dont have authentication and my admin is bein a slacker,i askd him today to do dis and he still hasn't got bak to me.

probably he'll do this tomorrow.

thanx for ur concern though

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Admin rights to activate Integration process??? Why

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i try to activate it,it prompts sayin ur not a registered developer,register in the online service system(OSS) to get the access key and then only u can login in.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not Admin access .

That is developer access.Same which you need to develop and Custom ABAP objects.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m tryin the same key,its not workin

one thing which just caught my eyes is,there is a 'E' in message type saying 'no container definition avaailable',what does this means ?

thanx ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

E is error and there is some element for which you have not defined the container element which you have used in your BPM.

This is the cause for your problem.

Regards,.

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

do i need to define container element separately for receive step and send step,i have only 1 container element and receive>> send scenario.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) As per the snap shots u have sent me, the message mapping and interface

mapping that you have created are not needed at all.

2)Pls double click on the Business Service ' BS_TB1' that you have created and check that under the Sender tab the sender message should be ' MI_bpm_sender' and under the receiver tab the receiver message should be 'MI_bpm_receiver'.

3) You have sent me snap shot of only the second receiver determination. Can you send me for the first one too.

4) in the first interface determination in ID, pls remove the Interface mapping from there as it is not needed and the inbound interface will be MI_bpm_sender_abstract'.

5) for the 2nd interface determination also there will be no Interface mapping but the inbound interface will 'MI_bpm_receiver'

Pls make sure the above is implemented and then get back pls.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ashish

i deleted the message mappin and interface mapping, and made changes in interface det. too,now which file i should place in my sender directory(i dont have any XML from message mapping now).

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya the receiver determination part looks good.

Just follow the other steps given in the last reply.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check your email.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by Sender directory??

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean that as i m doing file to file scenario,i need to place some file in sender folder so that its picked up,usually u keep the XML generated from message mapping in that folder now as i dont have any message mapping,which file should i use as sender

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask Ur basis team to provide Dev. access key, they can get it from SAP, based on Ur R/3 installation credentials.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked this blogs:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

They will clearly explain u.