cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with SharePoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to integrate SharePoint 2007 with our BO XI3.1 system. And both of them are existing on 2 different servers. BO XI3.1 is a windows 2003 server with Tomcat as Web server on the same system. As per the pre-requisites I'm trying to install the web tier on SharePoint 2007 and it takes for ever to install (more than 7hours). Hence we had to cancel the install and just select .NET components in web tier which was pretty fast.

Now when we launch the SharePoint 2007 Integration installer it still throws an error saying .NET SDK services are not installed on SharePoint server. Do we need the entire Web Tier install of Business Objects on Sharepoint?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amsidory
Participant
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I assume you are talking about the "integration option for Microsoft Sharepoint software", the product released in Q2 09 right...

The baseline for this version is webtier only unless you move to Service Pack 2, which supports the .NET SDK as the baseline.

the BOE webtier install should not take very long though...

-Amit-

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amsidory
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

My reply and few clarifications are as follows

- We don't have native 64 bit SharePoint support.

- "Integration Option for Microsoft SharePoint software" is an advanced SharePoint integration kit for XI3.1. This lets you perform all your .NET Infoview actions from within SharePoint. This solution supports 32 bit SharePoint too.

- "Aurora" in internal name for next line of BOE release and possibly have a 64 bit SharePoint native support.

Hope this helps

-Amit-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Appreciate your help with share point integration.

Environment:

Server 1 : BO 3.1 on windows 2008 , Tomcat, AD SSO

Server 2: Sharepoint server 2007 on windows 2003, 3.1 Webtier installed

I have installed Web Parts and IOMS (no .Net SDK as mentioned by you in previous post). I have selected Java option and given the infoview URL as Server 1.

From server 2 Infoview page is opening but AD / SSO not working. Also on opening Document list, I get error :

HTTP Status 404 - /PartnerPlatformService/actionAuthFilter.do. Do I need to reinstall webtier / redeploy war files?

When added the webparts in the sharepoint site , Content explorer shows Logo and Login button only.

Can you pls. suggest exact process of implementing this.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Let me update my earlier post:

Reinstalled the BO 3.1 webparts and IOMS on Moss server. Configured the AD and SSO. Infoview URL allowing the AD authentication but Not SSO. Do I need to run setspn -a HTTP/ MossserverIP?

When viewed from sharepoint, Webparts throwing error. Eventviewer logs shows:

"Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Desktop.InfoView, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Currently the sharepoint's Application security is NTLM, BO is configured on kerberos. Is this the cause for this?

A final check in C:\windows\ Assembly, I could not find any public token with the assembly mentioned inthe Event logs.

Appreciate if some one clears this if faced earlier.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also struggling with the integration Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1 and MOSS 2007 installed on different servers. Both server are installed and running fine. The link in this thread to the .net sdk was to a runtime version. After installing that, we are still getting the "you need the Business Objects Enterprise 3.1 .net SDK" message. What is this and what is it installing on Sharepoint? Where can we get it? Isn't the Sharepoint Integration kit a collection of web parts?

I really have tried to search the SAP website for help with this. Very frustrated at this point. Thanks for any help!

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see that product on the download site. Do we have to pay for it (if so Reporting Services is looking better and better)? We have Sharepoint on 64 bit so I guess the regular Portal Integration kit won't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

installing BO sever 2008 v1 and integration with Sharepoint ( not XI )

I just went through this it took me 2 months to find out how to do this.

first off you need to have bo server 2008 v1

you can download the install from here https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/bosap-support

you need to be logged in.

click downloads tab then Business objects downloads tab then intallations and upgrades then crystal reports server

if you have bo server v0 this link will walk you though the upgrade to v1 (uninstall reinstall)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/5048d962-8fa6-2c10-e2ae-d32b3562cb9c&overrid...

on your sharepoint server you must install the BusinessObjectsClient from your BO server 2008 v1 source ( can be downloaded from above link)

after this is done you can install the sharepoint intergration peice on you sharepoint box. and you will not get the .net sdk error.

which you can get here...

http://www.businessobjects.com/products/downloadcenter/crs2008.asp?id=crserver_nul_en

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have

machine1 boserver : BO XI3.1 with all components installed along with Tomcat as App server

machine 2 spserver: sharepoint 2007 server, and web tier with tomcat App server pointing to the CMS of boserver

Installed the Integration Option for Microsoft SharePoint software on spserver , with options of Java InfoView and the InfoView URL of sharpoint machine i.e http://spserver

The Install did not throw any error.

But when viewing the sharepoint it says "This page has encountered a critical error. Contact your system administrator if this problem persists. "

and the Event Viewer says

"Safe mode did not start successfully. Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Desktop.InfoView, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Anybody has any idea what this error messages mean ?

Regards

Ranjit Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically I'm looking for any kind of information on how to integrate BOE XI 3.1 SP3 with 64-bit MOSS 2007. PIK and IOMS kits are compatible only with 32-bit systems. I was wondering if anyone tried differently and could get through. Our motto is give user ability to schedule reports as well. Appreciate if somebody could share a work around procedure. Thanks for your response in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the BOXI 2 on a 64 bit clustered SharePoint. The 32 bit install does not recognize that the 64 bit SharePoint is running on the server.

I found that there is a 64 bit BOXI portal called u201CBusinessObjects Enterprise XI 'Aurora' : Integration Option for Microsoft SharePoint software.u201D

I cannot find it in the software downloads.

My questions are

1. Can the BOXI 2 run as a 32 bit application on the 64 bit SharePoint server?

2. What version is the "Aurora' 64 bit BOXI portal compatible with and where can I get it?

Thank you

Ray Law

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

After few hours of research I've finally found the missing .NET SDK Component Installer from SAP downloads. I'll see if this resolves my error.

[.NET SDK Download Link|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100012218102008E/boxi31_net_sdk_msi.zip]

Vijay