cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with PeopleSoft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanna know whether i can integrate PeopleSoft into SAP EP.

I wanna read some records from PeopleSoft HRMS

and display that in my Portal as an iview.

Do i need to create some system to read the data.

of corse it will be then what is the template i shud use.

what are the parameters?

Regards,

Joshua Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

To my knowledge..

There is no predelivered template for peoplesoft system. However depends on the data you are trying to retrive you have the following options.

1. The data trying to access is already available through Peoplesoft webclient interface. In this scenario

probably by using the appintegrator/URL iview with usermapping you can integrate into portal.

2. You want to read some custom data then probably you can create a database connectionpool and access the data directly by using JDBC API (DAO) as a custom IVIEW.

Again the other factors to consider are if the portal is external facing portal etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

-Venkat Malempati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Venkat,

>>2. You want to read some custom data then probably you can create a database connectionpool and access the data directly by using JDBC API (DAO) as a custom IVIEW

Little more explanation is appreciated.

Do you mean that i dont require any system for this.

Kindly send me piece of code so that i can understand it precisely.

<b>My requirement is : I have to read a record from PeopleSoft HRMS and display that as an iview in EP</b>

Thanks and Regards,

Joshua Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

You can write a custom iView to read data from HRMS database. When it comes to the code it is java code using JDBC API.

If you need an example send me an e-mail.

Regards

-Venkat Malempati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

You did not respond to the mail i've sent to ur personal mail-id.

Please do explain me about How to read data from PeopleSoft HRMS by using JDBC API.

Thanks and Regards

Joshua Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier. This week has been extremely hectic and have to catch up on lot of SDN.

I am sending the the par file use this as a reference.

Please don;t share it with anybody and I appreciate the respect for privacy.

Regards

-Venkat Malempati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you also please send the par file to me? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson ,

Could u plz send me ur mail-id so that i can send the par file which Venkat had send it to me.

cheers,

Joshua Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat: I found your post very useful. Could you please help me with a step further. I am looking to build iViews in EP to point to Peoplesoft's Travel and Expense page. I understand the following steps are useful:

1. create peoplesoft as a data source, and enable user mapping

2. create URL iView in EP and point to Peoplesoft.

First, could you pleaes veridy whether this is accurate? Second, what is the structure of the URL iView that will pull Peoplesoft's T&E page?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can I get your email address. I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Rana

Email: rana_kp@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

We are also having the same problem in transfering data from our peoplesoft system to SAP system.

In this regard we need your valuable suggestions.You have already given some suggestions to Mr. Kiran but we couldn't follow it. Can you please explain it to us in details.

Regards,

Sathish Selvarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

I need to integrate Peoplesoft into EP and dispaly some iviews also..i saw your answers could u plz help me if have any procedure to Integrate this is my client new requirement..

Thanks in Advance ........

plz send to personal ID : yamsanisridhar@yahoo.com

Bye

Sreedhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This is jagadish, here my client have also same requirement is there, i don't know what are the prerequisites for integration of peolesoft with portal, pls tell,

Regards,

Jagadish Babu Kanikanti