cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration SAP Portal into Share Point (Office 365)

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!!

We want to connect Share Point (office 365) with SAP Portal 7.0, do you have any idea or suggestion?

SAP Portal works only in intranet, so I guess that something has to be installed on the way, SAP web distapcher?

In share point some Portal funcionalities like ESS, KM, etc will be published

I will appreciate your help as soon as possible

Regards

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

So you want to use SharePoint as the "lead" portal in this scenario right? Users will go to SharePoint in Office 365 and see some content from the on premise portal, do I understand you correctly?

In that case you will need to check with Microsoft what Web Parts they make available for you to use in the 365 version of SharePoint. I haven't seen much about this scenario but I have seen these guides on integration between on premise SharePoint and the Portal:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3420

While a bit old, I believe many of the concepts will remain the same. First thing I would do with you is check with Microsoft - as I would worry about the level of customization you can make in the 365 version of SharePoint.

Hth,

Simon

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

You understood what I said, customer is not sure if they are gping to use web part or only Links. but in the middle of the way to publish portal in the internet, what do I need? Do I have to publish all the SAP Portal system Portal or can I only publish some functionalities for example only somo iviews, etc?  This is my doubt.

Thanks,

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

So what you are basically describing is an externally facing portal scenario, you will need to discuss the security implications of this with your network experts, but usually you would place a some sort of reverse proxy (e.g. SAP Web Dispatcher) in a DMZ on your network. This proxy acts as the gateway to your portal system from the outside world (outside your organizations private network). The DMZ is usually in between two firewalls (an external and an internal firewall).

You may be able to create a so called "whilelist" of allowed URLs so that externally only certain portal components can be accessed, but generally the whole portal would be made available (e.g. every URL after /irj/*

You should also take a look at the SAP Security Guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/aa/37ff4fa187622fe10000000a44176d/content.htm?frame...

I hope that helps,

Simon

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

and SSO? if Portal has SSO with AD, and also Share Point (office 365) with AD, this means that Portal and Share Point will have SSO, right?

SAP Web dispatcher can be conntect only to one system or it can be connected to two systems, for example development and producction SAP Portal, no?

Is it better to use SSL, is it complicated?

Regards

Andy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

v r running portal 7.3 n its possible thru it

bt we have configured sharepoint using NWBC

don't know whether possible with SAP Portal 7.0

Regards,

Manu