cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of CRM WebUI with EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Can anybody help me on integrating the CRM WebUI 6.0 into EP 7.0 by providing me the detailed steps for doing it.

Its very urgent.So please respond quickly if possible.

Your help will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards

Gourav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Bryan mentioned, you should install the business package SAP CRM 6.0. See .

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if CRM 5.2 (CRM 2006s/2) supports portal integration. There is no way to upload CRM business roles to the portal in 5.2. Has anyone faced this issue?

Thanks,

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Sudipta,

The portal integration provided by SAP is not available for CRM 5.2 (2006s). It comes with CRM 2007.

You probably can use the portal to start 5.2 in a separate window, it will give you the advantage of SSO: no login required in CRM window. However, there is no SAP guarantee on it

Sincerely,

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Even if I am able to launch CRM web Ui in a seperate window and take advantage of SSO , how do I integrate my CRM-specific business roles for the users in the portal?

I mean where would you maintain those mappings between the portal and CRM business roles.

Thanks,

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudipta:

Have you previously configured the connection between EP and ECC6(or 5)?

If so, I think you can use the same method to map between EP and CRM biz roles.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Sudipta,

You can specify the CRM role name that should be used for given iView by adding the parameter saprole= name_of_the_crm_role to the iView that represents the crm BSP (crm_ui_frame).

Have a look at SAP Note 1175590. It is done for IC role, but the same approach is valid for non-IC roles. But let's don't forget that for non-IC roles SAP offers a more advanced integration, see .

Sincerely,

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

CRM webClient is called as an transaction in CRM system crm_ic.

From Portal create a transaction iview that will call the above transaction.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But buddy my need is to integrate the CRM Web UI with the portal so that the end user can view it through the portal.

I've searched through the forums,articles & wiki for both the CRM & Portals but all in vain...

M in real need of it.kindly think of some thing else.

Still waiting for the solution from anybody....

Thanks & Regards

Gourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check these below threads, you can find documentation

In SAP CRM 2007, SAP GUI is only supported for administrative tasks. The People-Centric UI (PC UI) is no longer supported. For more information, see SAP Note 1118231.

Points are welcome if it is helpful

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been able to integrate it to certain extent but still some problem remains.

While uploading the CRM Business roles in the portals, first we need to generate an XML file from the upload tool itself which need to be imported in the portal to upload those businees roles.There are few generate options which includes roles, worksets, business objects, visible iviews, invisible iviews & templates.

If I include only the roles & execute it, the import happens fine & we just need to assign that role to a user to see the CRM content(which in this case shows nothing as we have selected only the roles & nothing but it).

But as soon as we select the other options like businees objects, iviews, templates etc., it gives an error saying Failed to find handler.

Unable to find any solution to it & also checked the SAP notes but couldn't find any helpful stuff.

Waiting for the solution....

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards

Gourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the new EP7 Business package (BP SAP CRM 6.0) required before you can upload the CRM business role to the portal?

Thanks,

Bryan