cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Planning - Forecast Function with 0Calmonth and 0Calyear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I facing some difficulties with standard forecast function because my aggregation level has two time dimensions 0calmonth and 0calyear. I am using dimension 0calmont to set both, forecast and historical data. Based on the input month, system reads 12 months before and forecast 12 months starting from the input month.

Since I have also the 0calyear dimension in the aggregation level (which I need for reporting purpose) forecast function generates combination errors (Inconsistent time characteristics: 0CALMONTH,2010.06 and 0CALYEAR,2009). The functions is working correctly if I use only a complete year data set (2009.01 to 2009.12 -> 2010.01 to 2010.12) because I can set the forecast year in the function filter and at historic data selection set the historic year (which only allows a single year selection).

Although, every month I need to forecast the next 12 months, so I canu2019t select only one year (for reading or writing)

Considering this is a basic request does anyone could give me the solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a query to enter your values you have to define in each column also 0calyear. Each cell in a query must be unique identified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for your sugestion, but my issue is at the function level. It doesn't work when I am testing it at RSPLAN transaction.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but i think the problem is, that you have not the possibility to use more than one time characteristic. So my opinion is, that you can only use 0fiscper. In your case you must change to time characteristics and it is not supported by this standard function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Agree with you, I shouldn't use two time dimentions on the forecast function, it should be used only the dimension I want forecast, other time dimentions should be set from forecast dimension (assuming that de second dimension is higher like month to year), in that case it shouldn't be necessary to set any filter for the 0calyear. I've tryed that option (not using the year as a filter option) but since I have the 0calyear at the aggregation level system returns the same inconcistency message because it try to copy the year from the reference data to the forecast data.

At least according with the help information, it should be possible to have mode than one time dimention at the aggregation level:

"Prerequisites

● Historic data is available for the forecast calculation.

● The aggregation levels on which you are creating a forecast planning function have to contain at least one time characteristic (for example, Fiscal Year/Periods)..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact the solution is to have only one time dimention at the aggregation level. It seems that the system when is writing forecast data at the planning infoprovider sets the 0calyear correclty according with the 0Calmonth.

Thank for shearing your opinion.