cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient privilege: Detailed info for this error can be found with guid

Dear all,

I have an issue when I try to add a query in Item Code field.

The message is 1). [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;258 insufficient privilege: Detailed info for this error can be found with guid '80D2F6307AC02A4FABD6946198160259' 'Backend scheduling job' (OBSJ). I'm a newbie in SAP HANA database.

Please Help Me

Thanks for your help

Regards

CALL "SHF_DB_TEST"."AUTOITEMCODE" ($[OITM.U_NganhHang] , $[OITM.U_LoaiHang]);
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You asked a question. Don't forget to mark the answer that helped you most as correct. Thanks!

For the readers, before you leave, don't forget to up/down vote the answers. You can vote on the question too.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arthur_alvesteixeira
Active Participant

Hi,

I created a new view and I have the same problem, so I found this web link.

After researching I discovered the reason for this error.

If you open the 'view properties' tab you have the 'Apply privileges' field.

I changed the value from 'SQL Analytic Privileges' to 'Classical Analytic Privileges'. 

It Works well with my user login.✔
Ps: If it not works for you, check your user authorization.

Hi,

Thanks for your help Arthur. This very helpful.

I've solved this problem.

Best Regards,

Huy Vu

shashwat_das
Discoverer

That worked for me. Not sure why you had a -1. That was a helpful answer.

kgopikrishna
Explorer

exactly this is what I was looking for! thank you

Thanks.. I was facing same issue and your answer helped me 🙂

sathishdhawan
Explorer
0 Kudos

It's working fine for me..
Thank you...

maykellpereira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Procedimento executado e resolvido no meu ambiente.
Obrigado!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pfefferf
Active Contributor

There exists procedure SYS.GET_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE_ERROR_DETAILS, which can be used to get the detailed info for the error, using the provided GUID. More details you can find in the SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis Guide here.

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Vu,

This concerns a procedure (not a role) and to execute this procedure you need the EXECUTE privilege. The SYSTEM user has the WITH GRANT OPTION and so can grant this privilege to other database users.

When using SAP HANA studio, open the SQL Console and execute (using GUID from your initial message, update as appropriate)

CALL SYS.GET_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE_ERROR_DETAILS ('80D2F6307AC02A4FABD6946198160259', ?)

As documented in the Security Guide

0 Kudos

Hi Denys,

I log in with a different user database (not user system) and when I run code by user databse System "CALL SYS.GET_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE_ERROR_DETAILS ('80D2F6307AC02A4FABD6946198160259',?)" Output show like this:
I can't see anything like example in GET_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE_ERROR_DETAILS.Please help me,Thanks for your helpBest Regards,
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Vu,

You are welcome as newbie but please mind your tags. I think SAP HANA would suffice in this case. Tagging your questions correctly is the first step to getting it answered. florian.pfeffer is correct. Check the docs. This is well documented.

For some print screens, see https://answers.sap.com/questions/13017265/how-to-grant-access-to-run-sysget-insufficient-pri.html

Hi Denys,

Can you show me where I can add this role SYS.GET_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE_ERROR_DETAILS. In SAP HANA STUDIO ? or where I can add this. Please help me.

Thanks for your help

Regards,