cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Message Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can't send instant message. When in the instant message window I write a message and I press send the other user don't receive the message. I have the Collaboration Tool Area with the following values:

Enable Collaboration Launch Pad =true

Enable Real-Time Collaboration=true

Thanks in advance for your help

Maria Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, could it be a pop-up blocker problem?

We had the same problem on some of our clients and found that they often had some kind of poop-up blocker installed on their PC's. Look for e.g. the Google search bar.

Regards Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem. Where you able to correct this problem and how. This problem is only noticeable in my production environment. IM works fine in the staging env.

Thanks,

Rabih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabin,

Please explain in details what exactly is the problem you have. is it possible that you didn't enabled RTC in the production environment?

I would recommend to check the setting differences between the production and the other environment.

Regards,

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Does the problem happen for a specific user, or for all users?

Does the awareness work correct? (the indication regarding which user is online and which is offline)

Regards,

Hadar

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Is it just you that has the problem? or is this happening to all users?

If all users you might need to adjusted the configuratino of the polling mechanism?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/03/80a74052033713e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your answer, I read the documentation and the server has configured PollingPolicy = Constant Interval, but Instant message don´t work, another thing that I can check?

Thanks in advance

Maria Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

If the same user is logged on elsewgere to the same portal RTC doesn't work for him.

You should get a warning message for that when you log on the second time, though.

Hope that helps,

Yoav.