cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio X Windows VISTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm about to buy a Win VISTA licence desktop and before decide for this OS I want to be sure that the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio is completely compatible with.

There is any documentation about this ?

I've checked some docs, but they only refer to Win 2k and Win XP.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Arantes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to wait for Netweaver new york edition for SAP netweaver Developer studio to be completely compatible with vista.so u can wait for that be released before u buy the vista licence.

Reward Points IF useful

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the information, anyway I've installed the NWDS 2.0.16 over Windows VISTA and It's working properly.

Kind regards

Eduardo Arantes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you testing with MODELS in a Web Dynpro Project ? Because is my problem with Win Vista

Thns Josue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Is your NWDS working fine with Vista. Are you able to create model? Can you give me more information on where to download NWDS 2.0.16.

I have NWDS 04s SP9 which is giving errors while creating model.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josue,

Have you had any luck overcoming this "glitch" in NWDS under Vista?

Running under "Compatibility mode" for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) I was able to develop a hole project based in JAVA BEAN external Models.

Now I'm having problems creating aRFC Models. There's no way I can get it to connect to the backend ERP system.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Marlo Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marlo,

I had the same issue with RFC models in NWDS on Windows Vista. Fortunately I was able to find a simple solution which you find here: . Basically this solution lets NWDS think it is running on XP.

I've worked with NWDS (version 2004s, SP 14) on Vista for more than 3 months now and I haven't encountered any other issues, except for some general bugs...

Regards,

Hans de Boer