cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on MAXDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am new to installation of SAP system on MAXDB.

I am planning to install Netwaever2004s on Linux and MAXDB.

Do we need to install any MAXDB software before stsrting SAPINST.(In case of orace we install Oracle client software)

Because in Installation guide on netwaver 7 SR2. No where it is mentioned.

Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

start installation with sapinst it's ask for RDBMS DVD

following dvd required

Central instance ---> 1) Installation Master DVD 2) Kernel DVD 3) RDBMS DVD 4) RDBMS Client

Databas instance --->1) Installation Master DVD 2) Kernel DVD 3) RDBMS DVD 4) Export DVD

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal

Thanks for your reply.

I also want to know

how to procede for installation of 2 SAP instanc( DEV and QAS) on single SAP system?

The system is having sufficient hardware and OS: Linux DB: MAXDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

installation of 2 SAP instanc( DEV and QAS) on single SAP system?

you mean to say you want to use single sap system as DEV and QAS for that you need to create seprate client in sap system for QAS

or if you want to install DEV and QAS as different instance than you need to install that on same host with different SID and instance number,

ragards,

kaushal

mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal I want to install DEV and QAS as two diffrent instances on single server.

Now how should I proceede?

Do you have document for the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

installation is same for both instance on single server, you have document for that ( installation guide)

first install dev system with SID like DEV and instance number 00

after sucessfull installation for DEV system

install qas system with SID like QAS and instance number 10

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal,

We are having only 146Gb of Harddisk in our physiscal server.For additional storage we are getting NAS. As we dont have done installation using this, dont know this scenario.

We are planning to store the datapart of the DB in NAS ...Is there anything that differs with the normal installation if we use NAS ? Could please throw some lights on this.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mount the partition, (NAS)

you can put your data file here, ( might performance issue )

installation is same

regards,

kaushal

mark helpful answers

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No real difference.

Personal opinion:

If in your case NAS means "NFS" (or Windows/CIFS/SMB), then you will see a serious performance impact. I personally would never put database files on a NAS. MaxDB reads data blockwise, each 8 KB block will create a separate I/O and thus latency on the NFS client (same with Windows/CIFS). It´s not the network speed that impacts but latency. We tried this some time ago and you were not really able to work with the system. For a QA system this may be enough though. Note: just my personal experience

Markus

Answers (0)