cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP J2EE engine standalone version

Former Member
0 Kudos

For administiring J2ee on the WebAs, SAP recommends installing the J2ee engine standalone version on a PC. Where can we find the standalone version? In case, i use the J2ee engine CD available with WebAs, which mode of installation should i choose (1 - For existing Central Instance, 2 - Dialog Instance, 3 - Gateway Instance).

Can anybody help with this query?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

What version of J2ee do you wish to manage ?

<u>Generally</u>

You can use the J2ee server avaliable at SAP MarketPlace,Just go to alias /swdc and search for J2ee (Search for all categories), from the results you can choose the version that is relevant to you i.e. 6.20 6.40

As far as I know you can use the clustered server patch (If you only want to use the admin tool), these patches are full installations, unpack using sapcar -xvf [File that you have downloaded] and run visual.bat to begin installation.

I don’t quite understand your exact requirements but I hope this help, do let me know the outcome.

Regards

Vinod.Mehra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

As suggested by you, i could administer the J2EE cluster server on the WebAs server itself. Therefore no standalone version of J2EE required.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Ashish