cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Datasource from Business Content-RSA5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every Body,

There is some problem while activating datsource in SAP R/3.Am in R/3 4.7 version.

The problem is am trying to install the business content datsource thru RSA5.

The steps i followed is RSA5-->select the data source and click on Transfer data sources but is not getting activated.<b>am getting pop up msg as You are not allowed to change cross-client customizing.Choose display object or cancel.</b>

But this problem does not earlier.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the problem with some specific BC or you are facing this issue with all. We haven't seen it in our system.

Regards,

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

An facing with all datasources.CAn u check the steps.

1. in R/3 RSA5--->select BC Datasource

2. CLick on Transfer Datasource Button.

it should ask the package but in this case it not asking any package it gives the popup window the msg which i mentioned aboce.

regards,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

It ask for the package only. You need to check for authorizations with your Basis guy.

Regards,

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RB,

Can you please tell what kind of Authorizations should i require.It is not asking for package.

Regards,

VJ

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can try to execute transaction SU53 after you the error. It will provide the auth that was refused.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

"You are not allowed" in message means that Dev system is not open for any customization changes. It is not related to Authorization.

If the message say "You are not authorized" then you need the developers authorization.

Check with your Basis team if they have closed the Dev system becuase it should not be closed at any time.

Regards,

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found the solution for this.

I ahve to do the activation of datasources from Customizing cleint in my case there are two clients 100 and 200 where 200 was the data client and 100 was the customizing client.

I was trying to activate from 200 cleint which is cross client so it was giving the above mentioned error.

Thanks guy for your advice.

Regards,

VJ

Message was edited by: VIJAY PUPPALA

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

please don't forget to close your threads if the problems are solved !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Can you suggest me how to close thread.I have assigned points to you.

Regards,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

if you want to close a thread (and a thread is closed when you see the blue star), you have two possibilities:

1. the problem is solved thanks to someone, click on his answer 'problem solved' and you will close the thread and assign points to the contributor.

2. the problem is solved by your own, click on the related radiobutton associated to your question ("by my own") and your thread will be closed without assigning ten points to anyone !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Thanks a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

are you performing this action in your development environment ?

Since you need to do it there and then to transport the activation into the other systems...

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes you are right am doing in development system of R/3.

Not able to install the BC Data source.

Regards,

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

I think you have to contact your basis guys in order to verify if the customizing changes are allowed (the opposite is very strange...)

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Can you please explain the customizing changes in brief which the basis team to be performed.

bye,

VJ