cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inst. J2ee on exist was6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an ides system that I want to install the j2ee engine for (ides 4.7)  I downloaded the current manual and there is a section on adding j2ee server to existing central instance.

Basically it asks for reloading the sapinst software from the original CDs, but is this really necessary or can I just do a "prepare a new install" from the existing menu?

What is the basic steps for doing this?

Also the R/3 User SAPJ2 (or something like that) already exists in IDES but I can't find the password in any documentation - can someone point me to it, or can I just change it myself.  I read that the install will ask for this password.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The install that asks for this is the one that makes the engine a Java "add in". The preview doesnt do this. I tried this connection myself in the version you have and it did not work at all at this time.

However, you can connect to such system via JCO, this should be no problem (which is the same in an integrated version). The only difference is that you may use your R/3 users with Java. But this is something thst has completely changed in 6.30 with the implementation of UME.

Regards,.

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

You misunderstood I don't want to mess with my Sneak preview version.  I want to add Java capabilities to and IDES 4.7 (aka Was 6.20) After installing IDES you only get the sap portion I want to enable the J2EE engine too.

Or am I misunderstanding it?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, ok.

The best way to do this would be to first install a complete WebAS with Java activated and then bring IDES on top of this (I'm not really clear if you can do this.)

Anyway there is quite a large chapter in the docs of 6.20 how to connect the Java instance to ABAP. Anyway, better you tell me what you want to do anbd I'll forward you to the right direction.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDES is already installed so I just want to activate/install J2EE now so I can develope for and with it.

Thanks