cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing large volume 0FI_GL_4

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just looking for some confirmation of the procedure for initialization of the 0FI_GL_4 extractor when dealing with very large volume.

In the past, attempts at wide open initialization loads for 0FI_GL_4 have failed at my client.

I was thinking of running an initialization with data for each fiscal period. Then for the last init containing the current month I would make the initialization selections like this:

07/2007 - 12/9999

Then since the initializations cover all of the previous periods and the future periods, would the delta loads function correctly? Can anyone confirm this method or give some more guidance on how you have initialized GL?

Thanks!

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just do the INIT with data transfer - say 007/2007 - 016/9999(I usually go with 001/2007 - again depends on the data volume). So you have the timestamp as of period 7.

Now get started loading full loads spilt by year till the last historical year. And the last load would be to load 001/2007 - 006/2007. So now you have all the data for the current year and all the historical years too... And ur delta loads shoudl pick any new or changed documents as of 007/2007.

Dont do a INIT wide open, it will kill the system and woudl fail while activating ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there data already there in BW system or you are loading for first time?

Also wht is first layer - ODS or Cube?

Thanks

Gaurav

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is data...but there was some really bad logic and we need to start with a clean slate and therefore start loading from the very beginning.

First level is an ODS.

Thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you would be fine - but as such I hve never done init for GL....

for FI you should go with ODS as 1st layer..

Chk this out ->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw33/helpdata/en/af/16533bbb15b762e10000000a114084/content.htm

Table BWOM2_TIMEST serves to document the loading history of Financial Accounting line items. It also provides defined restart points following incorrect data requests.

Hope it helps

Gaurav

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, that makes sense.

So you are suggesting the following:

1) Do Full loads up to the previous month (maybe previous 2 months)

2) Using today as an example, we could then do our init with data transfer for 2007005 - 9999016.

3) Subsequently, any delta would pick up anything changed after 2007005 should one of the documents change.

Does this summarize it well?

Also - why would I not do an init with data transfer for the historical data too? Running these by year would kill the system too, I have to go down to fiscal periods.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this summarize it well?

Perfect.

why would I not do an init with data transfer for the historical data too? Running these by year would kill the system too, I have to go down to fiscal periods.

Doing an INIT from any point of time is as good enough to capture any changes/new records starting from that point..

Assuming some body changes a document that has a posting data in 2003 today, but ur delta pointer(007/2007) would capture it as it will be modified, as after the INIT has been done .. if it has been done before, you need not worry, as this record woudl be captured in the full load ruin itself.

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still a little confused, can you please spell out exactly the sequence so there is no confusion?

My thought is that - what if a change occurs to a document based in 004/2007 <b>after </b>I have loaded that period via a full load and <b>Before</b> I run the delta initialization for 005/2007-012/9999? It seems to me that that data would be lost, no?

I appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please spell out exactly the sequence so there is no confusion?

Assuming 2004 is the historical year (you may as well go to 1999)

INIT with data transfer - 007/2007

full loads - 001/2007 - 006/2007

001/2006 - 016/2006

001/2005 - 016/2005

001/2004 - 016/2004

what if a change occurs to a document based in 004/2007 after I have loaded that period via a full load and Before I run the delta initialization for 005/2007-012/9999? It seems to me that that data would be lost, no?

Yes your assumption is correct. So thats the reason why we INIT first and then start loading the hostorical data thru full loads when there is very les activity on the system - preferable weekends.

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, that is what I thought. In the original post it looked like you were recommending that the init is done last.

So I would

1) Do an init with data transfer for 007/2007 - 012/9999

2) Do all of my full loads as repair requests as to not disturb the delta pointer

This seems like the correct method, can you please verify?

Thanks a ton!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it straight