cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Actually my data flow is from R/3 > ODS > Cube.

I extracted some full loads from R/3 to ODS and made them Repair Full Requests.There are more than 55 million records in ODS. Now I am ready to run initialization on ODS. But due to busyness & performance of R/3 system, I have to wait for the init run until next weekend.

In the mean time I did a Full load from ODS to Cube today(there are no selection used). Now, do I have to initialize Cube first or initlaize ODS first??

I am planning to do an init without data transfer on cube first. Because, I have to do init on ODS with new selections, which will bring some more new recrods from R/3 to ODS.

Am I doing it in correct order ?

Cheers

POPS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do init without data transfer from ODS to Cube, but make sure all the data had been updated from ODS to cube when you did full update. once you done the init without data transfer from ODS to Cube, all the requests in your ODS will update with data mart status it means this data has been updated to your cube, so when ever you load new data or request to your ods it will be updated as delta to your info cube from the ods. you can do Init to your ODS after also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Charan

I also thought about the same, Just want to confirm.

So my sequence would be

> Load all data to the Cube from ODS as Full Load ( this is alrady done)

> Initialize cube without data transfer

> Initialize ODS with data transfer

> Run delta load for Cube, which will bring the new/initialized records from ODS.

Cheers

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.