cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial login to ESA Preview System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've logged into the preview system, but I'm not really authorized to do anything. I'm looking for the menu path to find a list of services? If this in the UDDI?

Also the authentication process was quite odd. I'm presented with an SAP signon screen where the box to enter system, user and password are protected. I needed to click on a basic authentication button where I'm prompted to authenticate by a normal web dialogue box. I was then prompted to change my password. After sucessfully do that, I was prompted to login again with my new password. From that point on, when I lauch the URL, I no longer need to authenticate. I'm assuming it's using a login ticket.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get to the list of services you do not really need access to the systems, you can find links under the headline "Discover" on the ESA Preview System home page in SDN.

Access to the system by a user is needed in case you develop an application that supports a process running across the SAP system and your application. Programmatic access to the system is needed for your application to call the services.

An example could be that you create a shopping basket in the SAP application, build your own auctioning application to determine supplier and prices, and then create a PO in the SAP system. In that case you would need user access to create the shopping basket and view the PO and programmatic access to call the relevant services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Robert,

I have the same problems you describe

Greetings Danny.