cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infosources in SAP BW - BO DI Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to load data into SAP BW from database using Business Objects Data Integrator (SAP BW as a target and BO DI as a source) but I'm new and I got two question:

1. Is there any way to do this loading without using an Infosource? Can I load directly to my DSO?

2. If I should use an Infosource, can I use an Infosource 7.0 instead an Infosuierce 3x?

As I said before I'm new using the Data Integrator as a source and although I have read documentation about it I could not clarify these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know what BW release allows me to load without using an infosource? Is this release available already?

About my second question, I understand that if I do use an Infosource 3x I can load but also works with an infosource 7.0?

Thanks in advanced.

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be BW 7.2 or 7.3 supporting that. I don't know the release schedule though.

My understanding: You can load any BW 7.x InfoSource, you just have to set the 3.x emulation mode for that in case that's not the default anyhow. Keep in mind, I am no expert in that area.

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you will be able to load a DSO as soon as there is a BW release providing the API for that.

Yes, if the InfoSource runs in 3.x emulation mode it can be loaded.