cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoSource Segment Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My scenario like, every day the .txt data is comming from different areas into my staging server, in staging server the data is converted into .csv files. Finally i have to uplaod these files into BW. The information comming like different segments i.e.,

First segment contains Header Information,

Second segment contains Item Information,

Third segment contains Tax amount Information,

like total 6 segments info comming to BW. my question is how so i map at InfoSource with these data, suggest me which data Target is relevent and how we can take this data into BW. plz suggest me mapping at InfoSource.

Regards,

Rams.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

How r u ?

Its all about how u want the data in BW. You can load 6 segment data using 6 InfoSources to one ODS object or more. Then update the InfoCube.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

+91 98403 47141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

that's depends on the dataflow. As Sankar said earlier... you can keep one ODS before loading to cubes. Data flow is depends Type of Data and reporting requirements.

Analyze the reporting requirements.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Nagesh,

Plz forward any documents if u have.

Mail id: chennupatipandu@yahoo.co.in

Regards,

Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Every day 100's of files are comming as a inbound IDOC to staging server, from there i have to convert to .csv files and placing into App.Server, those files needs to upload into BW by background.

The IDOC file contains different segments data by one file only. These files i have to upload to BW.

Plz suggest me, How to upload into BW and how to map each feild at infosource.

Regards,

Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

What data u have in that one file ? On analysing that u have to create InfoObjects.

Do u have a gmail ID ? mail me to sankar1981@gmail.com

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar kumar,

Thanks ur info. But my scenario is different, i said the data is comming only one .csv file, like that every day some 100 of files are comming into BW server with background. only one file contains all segment info.

plz clear me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

So, how many files u want to load into BW ? Where u have the flat file ? in tha Application server or any other path ?

If it is only one then its very simple.

1. You have to create or use existing InfoObjects

2. Create InfoSource, Assign DataSource & Fill the Transfer Structure and activate the InfoSource

3. Create InfoCube using the newly created InfoSource as the Template.

4. Create Update Rules using the InfoSource.

5. Create InfoPackage and under External Data tab select the appropriate option & select the path .CSV file.

6. Start the load

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friends,

Thanks to all, in my scenario the data is available only one .CSV file, plz help to uplaod this segments into BW.

Regards,

Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

How r u DuDe ?

No problem. Assume u get 6 .CSV files for the 6 segments.

How u want the data in BW ? all the 6 segments in one place or u need seperately ?

Best Regards....

Sankar kumar

+91 98403 47141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

It depends on your Business Requirements. I had a similar scenario(The difference was that data was coming from custom data sources in R/3) with 3 different data sources. Header, Item and Bank details. I used three infosources for uploading to three different ODS and then one ODS at the top for consolidating data coming from these three ODS. After consolidation, the data was then loaded to a cube which was used in Reporting.

So the modelling depends on what information you require and how you should display the information.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hari