Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INFOSET QUERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any one help me on this topic..

1)how to creat a infoset on ODS or MASTER DATA ?

2)explain the steps for creating?

3)in production system what is the use of infoset ,how to support the production server through infoset?

plzzz, give me details on it,,becausse i am new for this topic and SAPBW...

regards,

goodyear...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

basically an info set is used for reporting from ODS or masterdata infoobjects. We use it to create reports which require joins beetween the masterdata tables and ods. In a way its an alternative for multiprovider. Here is the link to sap help where the information on infosets is given.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/96663bd194a978e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the details in help.sap.com, I am copying the creation process.

An InfoSet is a semantic view of data sources and is not a physical data target in itself.Unlike the classic InfoSet, an InfoSet is a BW-specific view of data.

<b>Creating InfoSets</b>

You are in the InfoProvider tree of the Modeling function area in the Administrator Workbench.

Choose the Create InfoSet function from the context menu (right mouse-click) of the InfoArea in which you want to create an InfoSet. You get to the Create InfoSet dialog box.

Type in the following information for your new InfoSet:

technical name

long description

short description

In the Start with InfoProvider section, you determine which InfoProvider you want to use to start defining the InfoSet.

Select one of the object types that the system offers you:

ODS object

InfoObject

Choose an object.

If you want to choose an InfoObject, it must be a characteristic with master data. The system provides you with the corresponding input help.

Choose Next. You get to the Change InfoSet screen. For more information on editing InfoSets see Editing InfoSets.

When you create an InfoSet, the system generates a corresponding entry for this InfoSet in the subtree of the InfoArea. The following functions are available from the context menu (right mouse-click) of this entry:

Change

Delete

Object overview

Hope this helps.Please regard points if it helps you and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

-Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashish,

thanks for ur answer,,i have one more query on infoset.as follow..

1)as our requriment we have the 12 extractions ODSand MASTER DATA in it..

now i want to do infoset for these extraction like 0BPARTNER,ZCNINT,so on...

i want do it in production system ? how ican start work here now?

plzzz ..give me reply as soon as possible..

regards,,

goodyear..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think any problem in directly creating infoset in production.

Simply, go to the Modeling in the Administrator Workbench.

Choose the Create InfoSet function from the context menu of the InfoArea in which you want to create an InfoSet.

Select your ODS Object and Characteristic having master data.

Please reward points it this helps you and also let me know if your finding any difficulty in doing so.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks a lot for ur suggestion..

ok ashish, i have one more query like this..

1)in 12extraction ,5 is same data with out any changes i am doing infoset for it.. and remaing extraction iwant to update the data weekly or monthly?

for this query how to start the work for update extraction give some tips on it ..ok

plzzzzzzzzzz..

regards,

goodyear..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain me in details.I am unable to understand:

12extraction ?

for this query how to start the work for update extraction ?

Please explain me clearly, I will try to help you out.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

12 extractions means like ODS and MASTE$RDATA with naming like 0BPARTNER,ZCNINCNT,..so on

these are extraction data for infoset .

now i want to load data using infoset weekly and monthly ,if any updates,like stamp changeing dates regularly in it.this processes will going in production sysytem..this the issue...

ok

regards,

goodyear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Infoset is used for reporting from ODS or masterdata infoobjects.

You may be loading data to some of the ODS Object by some other means like scheduling InfoPackage and all.

You will not have any issue if any changes you are loading to ODS Object or in master data.

Accordingly, you will be able to see the changes in your queries.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok ashish,thanks for ur help.

regards,

good year..

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Info set is just like a query in rDBMS. we will not store any data in infoset. It will always present the current data from the underlying infoproviders. so if you update the data in the infoproviders using normal extraction in BW. it will be automatically reflected in the reports.

with regards

ashwin