cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoSet - No new Filter values possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a BW Infoset joining 3 ODSs. All the 3 ODSs are set as not available for reporting. When I use the Query designer and try to restrict on any of the characteristics in the InfoSet the newly loaded values do not show up. I believe it is because the SIDs for those values are not created. Once I execute a dummy report with all the info objects with no restrictions then the SIDs are populated and then I can filter the values in Query designer. But each ODS has over 1 million records and will not be possible to execute individual reports like this.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa,

SIDs are not generated when you run a query. They are created when you load the data itself. Therefore if the data load into all your ODS were successful, it means that SIDs have been created (else you would have got an error).

Problem might be with your query. A query on an infoset returns values only when there is data that is joined across all the 3 ODS. For example, if you restrict in your query by Customer = 100011 where Customer is in your first ODS. There must be records in your first ODS for customer 100011. Secondly, this ODS might be joined to the second ODS by city. So there must be records in the second ODS for city = whatever is for that customer in ODS1. Same way there must be data in ODS3 that corresponds to the link between ODS2 and ODS3.

Are you sure this is the case with you? If data is not there in any one ODS, you query will say 'No data found'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

From BW3.0B, SIDs for ODS are created at the time of activation and that too only if Available for reporting is selected. In our case we have it not selected. The records are existing in the ODS and the problem occurs in trying to restrict the values in query designer and not when executing the query. If I execute the query with no restrictions then values are shoen on the report. And after this I can restrict the values in the query designer. But not the first time.

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diwa,

Maybe you are right about the SIDs. Is there a particular reason you have flagged the ODS as not reporting relevant? Have you thought of the possibility that your problem might be solved if your ODS are reporting-relevant?

Just a suggestion. I have not come across your scenario before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Somnath,

My problem will be solved if I set the ODS for reporting. But I have about 5 ODSs and each with million records. It takes about 10hours to activate the ODSs if the flag is set. If flag for reporting is not set, it only takes 1/2 hour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone look at this