cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on enhancement RSAP0001 in 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding the enhancement RSAP0001 , Need to know the below details,

1. How this enhancement is working and when it will be triggered.

2. Is it valid/obsolete in 7.4.

Thanks in Advance

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

SAP has provided ways to populate custom fields in data source.

1. CMOD/SMOD (RSAP0001) - This can still be used and many customer are still using customer exit to populate customer fields for transactional data. This might be considered as obselete as new method of implementing changes using BADI is in place also.

2. BADI - From code point of view there is no difference, however you might work with types only but other things like selection from database, usage of FM and processing of ABAP code remains same. You might use standard methods also in this.

For example, if you change standard data source 2lis_11_vaitm (sales orders items) with some custom field say Z*** partner function, you might want to implement with RSAP0001 and populate custom field from source table say VBPA. Of Course before this you need to enhance the data source and get this activated.

Thanks & Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

data sources (master/text/hier) are called inside the functional exit.

ex: if you enhance a data source with xx filed (with a small piece of code in CMOD), when you run the infopackage, functional exit will get executed .

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. It is basically the user-exit for DataSources and as such it will be triggered when doing a load. You will have one in each SAP system. When extracting from a source system, the user-exit in the source system will be called. The one in Bw will thus be called when doing loads with a DataSource in BW (either with a 'real' datasource like those for BI statistics, or with a generated DataSources when you load eg from a DSO)

In reality, it is -in my experience- hardly used in a BW system

2. It is still valid (although like i said probably not used much if at all in a BW system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I read in a blog that it is obsolete in BW 7.4 SPS5.

Any Idea on that is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any reference to that blog?

I did find this blog from Sander, who will probably want to weigh in on this topis as well, so you might be correct.

Depends off course how you interpret 'obsolete'. it seems to be not the solution to use going forward for new developments, but if you already have coding active in it, it will not become obsolete just by upgrading your BW to 7.4

Ibrahem
Participant
0 Kudos

This discussion will be helpful