cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Broadcasting direct email delivery of CSV files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way to configure Information Broadcasting in BW 3.5/Netweaver 04 such that email delivery of CSV files is possible? I see that the pre-calculation server will generate workbooks. Though, we really need delivery direct to CSV.

Alternatively, has any one come up with a process of delivering Bex web links with a template that can generate CSV? I saw this second option come up in a previous topic, but I am not sure how this would work.

Regards,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies. We look forward to the support patch. In the mean time, in case it helps any one else, here is the best workaround we have come up with:

• Develop simple web template with nothing but a data source

• Add a button or link to the page

• Use JavaScript trigged on the button’s onClick event to download the data to a CSV file

• Use this new template with Information Broadcasting

The result of the above is that the end users get an email with that contains nothing but a button to retrieve the CSV file. Of course, an added benefit is that since the CSV file is not an actual attachment, it reduces inbox sizes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to make sure that I get it right. Do you broadcast the template as an online link or html? How does the javascript look like? I'm just asking since I'm currently struggling adding some additional information (dynamic link to the online report) to a web template which is mainly used for broadcasting purposes. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry I did not see your question until today. It seems that you posted right before I went on vacation. ļ To answer your questions

To Broadcast a Template for CSV extract only

1) Create a new template

2) Add a table

3) Set the new table as HIDDEN

4) Add Button or In-line command

Info about executing Commands:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/ff843b4df3da10e10000000a114084/content.htm

Exporting Data:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/f3843b0af3de0ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Sample JavaScript:

//Exports a table to an Excel file

function exportToExcel()

{

var suppress_repeating_texts = getIsSupressingRepeatingTexts(TABLE_NAME);

exportToFile('XLS', suppress_repeating_texts);

}

//Exports a table to a CSV file and force repeating texts on.

function exportToCSV()

{

var suppress_repeating_texts = ' ';

exportToFile('CSV', suppress_repeating_texts);

}

//Exports a table to a file

function exportToFile(fileFormat, suppress_repeating_texts)

{

SAPBWOpenURL(SAP_BW_URL_Get() +

'&CMD=EXPORT' +

'&FORMAT=' + fileFormat +

'&DATA_PROVIDER=DP1' +

'&SUPPRESS_REPETITION_TEXTS=' +

suppress_repeating_texts);

}

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Joel Blackthorne

Former Member
0 Kudos

CSV is not supported in the InformationBroadcaster. The current output options supported for Broadcaster are HTML, ZIP and Workbooks.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to OSS note 893427 it will be supported as of support package 15.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is good news, thanks for the updates.