cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoPackage Stalls in tRFC Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have a problem I've been unable to figure out. I trigger an InfoPackage that starts an extraction from an ECC 5.0 system. When we trigger the InfoPackage, we get the "Data is Requested" message at the bottom of the screen (BW 3.5). When we check RSMO, it stays yellow until it times out. I checked out the tRFC queue (SM58) and saw an IDoc listed as "Recorded" but we didn't expect to see anything. Upon triggering another load, we saw the entry in SM58 and told the system to execute the LOW. The load itself completed as expected.

We also checked out a load from BW to BW (via the Myself connection). This load executed completely without getting stuck in the tRFC queue.

I checked the RFC connection settings (SM59) and the partner profiles (WE20) and don't see any differences between the ECC and BW system connections. Both are set to process automatically and the connections work.

Does anyone have an idea what may be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what was the error of this LUW?

Did you try the same load again?

Was it a big load?

There could be many reasons why a LUW can be stuck... One of these is when the DB didn't respond as fast as expected e.g., the data is being posted in the arfc table; if the space of this table needs to be extended, the RBMS will do so and the SAP application may think that there is a problem and stops...

If you repeat the same load and you still have the issue please describe it with more detail (error code, check if the IDOCs are processed successfully and so on....)

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver.

The load I've been testing with pulls 1123 records. I've tried loading a variety of different InfoObjects of differing sizes with the same result. The part that makes debugging this difficult is that there are no error messages. The load simply sits in a 'waiting' state while the transaction sits in the tRFC queue. Here are the basic steps I do to test the load.

1. Open an InfoPackage with source system as ECC

2. Start the load.

3. Verify load start in RSMO. The load shows up as in a wait state

4. Check SM58 without user restrction. The transaction is listed as

recorded.

5. Execute the transaction via menus

6. Refresh RSMO. The load executed successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm....

you should check your configuration

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/62/73241e03337442b1bc1932c2ff8196/frameset.htm">Configuration of System Resources for aRFC, tRFC, qRFC</a>

and also verify if the updates are working properly (SM13).

Read OSS note 1033216 , it might help and give an idea....

let us know

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using any complex routines, master data look ups.......?

If its cube delete the indexs before loading the data to target.?

Hope this will help you..?

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note looked quite promising. Unfortinately, it is only available for WAS 700 whereas we are running 640.

Oliver, so you have any recomendations on what I should look for in SM13? I checked it and the settings appear to be correct, active, and set for everything to automatically process.

MSR, the load is pretty straight forward. It's just an InfoObject text load. I've tried a couple different text loads without luck. I can't think of any simpler loads to try.

Thanks everyone for the help,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about this one?

Incorrect tRFCs from BW are not processed in SM58

SAP Note Number: 857126

which patch of 640 are you running?

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implemented the note, but no change has been noticed in the load attempts. I also tried kicking the load off as background but the same thing happens.

I don't know if this helps, but I went into the ABAP debugger to follow what the system was trying to do. I noticed something interesting. First, I get the "Data is Requested" message. No document has appeared in the tRFC queue at this time. Shortly after, I see the transaction hit the tRFC queue. Finally, a COMMIT WORK is called but the tRFC queue is not executed as it should.

As for patch level, we are at 13. We inherited this system as a database copy of another production environment, so I assume that it works in the original environment.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow the destinations has become unregistered in SMQS. Reregistering the destinations caused the queues to execute automatically as desired.

Thanks everyone for looking into it.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

do you mean that you have registered your BW rfc destination in SMQS?

I checked this in my landscape and none of my BW systems are registered in SMQS but still tRFC are executed...

I believe there must be another setting somewhere...

thanks for your feedback

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

it looks like the tRFC handling is different in the latest version....

See note

<b>Number of dialog processes for data transfer

SAP Note Number: 916706</b>

and help

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/13/083f420e09b26be10000000a155106/frameset.htm">BI Service API – tRFC Data Transfer Using QOUT Scheduler (New)</a>

the main difference is that there are no IDOCs anymore...

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tRFC queue may have been filled up, check how many waiting for other users. If there are tRFCs stuck and errored out, delete them so that at least you can get a chance to run your job. Also check if the job actually finished in ECC.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

This system is a production instance being tested prior to going live. At the moment, I'm the only person using the system. As a result, there are no other tRFC queues pending.

Thanks though,

Adam