cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infopackage file preview problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've created an infosource using another infosource as template and deleted one characteristic from the new one. I've activated the transfer rules and created the infopackage.

I deleted the corresponding column from the flat file used for the template infosource, saved it under a new name and specified this in the external data tab.

When I try to preview this file, I get a conversion exit error for fisc period. So I selected this exit and executed it with a single fiscal period data value. Output came without any issue.

What is wrong with my infosource/infopackage?

The comm structure and transfer structure don't list the characteristics in the same sequence as the flat file but since the template infosource does not either, I didn't worry about it.

I would appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody pls tell me the sequence of creating a flat-file based infosource?

Really appreciate your help,

Malli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh & Arun,

Thank you for the inputs.

I changed the sequence of a single record in a test file to match that of transfer structure. I opened the files (from the template infopackage and my test file) in notepad and added double quotes to the fields as per the source file to make them identical and tried the preview again.

I still get the same error message.

In my transfer rules tab, since I used the template infosource, all infoobjects are listed. For some of them there is a constant assignment in my transfer rules. I deleted the info object listing on the right side. After that I activated the transfer rules and tried to preview the file and get the same error.

Pls. help.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malli ,

I am unable to understand what you have done.. could you give us a sample record ?

Also check for the following :

the field separator is ' in csv and not ;

If you have any numbers in the flat file remove the thousand separator ( Excel uses , ) which is also a field separator. If there is a decimal separator mention that also in the extarnal data tab. Then check on the preview.

Also please tell us what error you are facing verbatim.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Thank you so much for getting back on this. In my infopackage,

I had changed the field separator to ,

Thousand separator is blank

Decimal separator is .

My data is

"1001004670",40012,4139.36,"USD","BBL","122004","16","P",3,-103.14

The 122004 is the fiscperiod for which i get the error message. I am using the same file format as the source file that comes up fine in the template infosource.

When I do a preview, error message is

'Error in conversion exit

CONVERSION_EXIT_PERI7_INPUT'

Pls help

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

Can you try to change it from 122004 to 0122004.

And then load it again..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Thank you for the input.

I tried the change. Still get the same error in preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

Are you passing the Fiscal Year Variant along with the Fiscal year period..

Just guessing..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but not from the file. It's a constant in my transfer rules.

Malli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Malli..

Just one last suggestion..

try to change the format of FY Period to 2004012 and see if u get any success..

If not do let me know when you figure out the solution..

Good Luck

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish, Arun, Dinesh,

I succeeded in uploading one record - at last.

Lesson Learned: I am new to BW and I hate it.

I had to delete the assignments in my trans structure for which there were constant assignments in my transfer rules.

Thank you for your inputs. I've awarded points.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

malli ,

The list of fields in the transfer rules have to be in the same order of columns in the flat file otherwise you will have a mismatch. Also the file preview will work regardless of what you specify but then try the simulate option before going ahead.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

The data in the flatfile should be in the same sequence as the transfer structure otherwise you are bound to get data issues while loading.

Bye

Dinesh