cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoDocs are missing. The source system is not an SAP system. The IDocs are therefore created in the BI system. Since the IDocs are missing, a short dump has probably occurred in BI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am having below error when i am trying to get data from none-sap source systems via process chains. Could you please tell me, whats can be the reason for this issue,

InfoIDocs missing; external system

Diagnosis

InfoDocs are missing. The source system is not an SAP system. The IDocs are therefore created in the BI system. Since the IDocs are missing, a short dump has probably occurred in BI.

System Response

Procedure

Check the short dumps in BI.

Check the data in the InfoCube.

Troubleshooting

If the data was correctly updated in the InfoCube, it is possible that no Info-IDocs were generated. In this case, manually set the overall status of the data request to "ok" (green light) in the extraction monitor on the <LS>Status tab page.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check WE21  for Partner type LS (Logical system- your source system ) - In classification tab parter status should be active (Partn Status A).

Additionally you can check IDOCs, status and error message from WE02.

MM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murtuza,

This didn't helped me to come over the issue. Please tell me is there a way to check connection between source system and BW in BW side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can check it in BW. Under Modelling >Source System > select the folder where you see your source system > right click > Check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenan,

In addition to what Murtaza has mentioned, you can also go to BD87 to see if there is any IDoc errors in BW side. In it, go to IDoc in inbound processing and display idoc by double clicking on node under RSINFO and this would display every idoc in details.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Farrukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys,

My issue has been resolved. The reason was caused from source system, because of database upgrade process overlapped with process chain runtime.

Regards,

Kenan.