cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocubes?ODS?Multiprovider?Infoset?-Performance?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Infocubes?ODS?Multiprovider?Infoset?

In our design stage we had no problem creating ODS and Cube's but as our requirements kept changing we had to create Infosets rather than Multicubes as we were not having common fields between Cube and ODS. Secondly we couldn't have cubes as Infosets are built between ODS and Infoobjects.

Can someone throw some light on the performance issues based on our current design were we have ODS and Infosets built. What are the pros and cons between

1) InfoCubes and ODS

2) MultiCubes and Infosets

Any kind of thoughts would be of great help in our analysis.

Thanks,

Priya

Guys anyone who faced difficulty in analyzing such issues please do post your views.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

We too have used lot of Infosets and Multiprovider..

Based on my experience I would suggest,

If you report on ODS objects or Infosets with a restrictive selection key, check if indices are defined for this key.

If you select on navigational attributes, be sure that an

appropriate index is available.

Other than this I assume you have partitioned your cubes and compressed the requests etc .

Hope this helps..

I have few documents on performance mostly from service marketplace..Let me know if you need them.

Ashish.

Message was edited by: Ashish Gour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

As you said you have used lot of Infosets and Multiproviders, do you mean there weren't any major issues in performance. You are talking about indices but according to the other posting it says 'major drawback in Infosets is we can't create indexes'.

Please do pass on the documents to the id sreesap99@yahoo.com. Can you briefly tell what this restrictive selection key is all about?

Due to constant changes in the requirements we are totally depending on ODS and Infosets. We are not using any InfoCubes or Multiproviders.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I meant building Indexes on the ODS used in Infosets.

I am not sure whether we can build indexes on Infosets..

Bhanu/Robert can you clear this for us..

Sorry if I confused you with some new terms we use..

By Restrictive key selection I meant that If you are restricting/filtering your queries by a particular charateristic having indexes on that char will improve the performance.

Also keep in mind that indexes will be used on a char only when you include values..not when you exclude char values.

I am sending you the docs I have on performance..

Hope theyhelp you..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

you are right !

An InfoSet is a semantic layer over the data sources and is not itself a data target (table), so...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Thanks, got the docs and thanks for the explanation. We started our development creating cubes and later had to switch from cubes to ODS and from Multicubes to Infosets and everyone has a big puzzle about the performance and so had to pose the question.

Thanks for the reply and if anyone else out there had faced a similar situation and know the after effects please feel free to post ur ideas.

Priya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We has the same requirements ...and had to build a lot of info sets ....

Reporting on any of the Navigational Attributes is NOT possible on an Info Set.

Go to RSRT and look on what fields on which the query is doing a Sequential read...if required try to build indexes on that fields.

In some cases we cannot restrict the queries ...if you are queering on yearly reports ...running against InfoSet's is not at all recommended......

For better performance of your queries try to build secondary indexes and as far as possible try to avoid InfoSet ....BW 3.5 has ADP try to workout something on that if u are on 3.5.

For performance try to compress your request in your cubes on your BP.

Let me know

Message was edited by: Suresh Kaudi

Message was edited by: Suresh Kaudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Review the link below -->

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46914&highlight=performanceproblemsinfosets+multiproviders

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Why am I not able to give points to anyone?

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to wait for some minute because it's possible that the server have problems...