Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoCube Dimensions

former_member212236
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SDN'ers,

I have query on cube dimensions.

I have a cube where 13 dimensions excluding the predefined have been in use.

I have checked the relevant cube under the program SAP_INFOCUBE_DESIGNS or transaction RSRV to find how the dimensions are maintained.

Based on that, I have found that two of my dimensions have got ratios 98% and 27% (i.e) above the size of fact table, which is against the thumb rule.

Now, I am planning to create a new cube to hold data for the next 3 years and maintain the dimensions properly.

I have found that I cant maintain any of the Infoobjects whihc are grouped under these dimensions as Line item as they are not MASTER Data IO.

One option which I am thinking about is to pull out some of the InfoObjects from these Dimensions and maintain them under some other Dimensions which is somewhat similar(meaningful) to these dimensions.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Regards,

Vinoth V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master data is updated with SIDs and has no relevances with the size of your cube. All the ratios are mere figure of the transactional data & links it has to make with the respective masters. If you feel there a lot of line items for a particular master, you can choose to mark them as Line items. In the last statement you had inquired on creating similar masters; Yes, its possible if you use the relevant settings during the IOBject creation in RSD1. You have to copy from either the object or if you want to base your infoobject on that data, you must then choose it as reference category. The latter case does not copy M table data.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Please check the characteristics in that two dimensions. If you have M:N combination relations for characteristics in one dimension, then you will get that ration.

1) try to maintain 1:N relation or 1:N relation between your characteristics in one dimension.

2) check if you have high unique values for any characteristic. If so then try to make it as line item dimension.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Yes, you can create dimensions using any combination of characteristics.

But make sure that the characteristics that you are grouping in same dimension does not result in multiple combinations of values (i.e. M:N relationship) otherwise it will again increase DIM table size.

If relationship of the grouped characteristics is (1:N or 1:1) there should not be any issue)

Regards

SSS