Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Info Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can an info cube be exported or published as a CSV or excel?  I am coming from the cognos world so not sure what or how the data source for an info cube is structured.  What we would like to have is a CSV or Excel that provides the same data at the same point in time as the info cube.

Thanks

Denise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

Are you referring to the data cube that is stored within a WebI report?

If so, yes, when you export to .csv from WebI, it exports the entire data cube that is stored within the WebI report.

In the later versions of XI 3.1 & BI 4.1, you also have options to export the filtered data to .csv, but by default the .csv export is the entire report's data cube.

For exports to text or MS Excel, WebI exports only what's in the report itself (so if you have applied any block/section/report level filters and formulas/variables, this is what is exported to .txt & .xlsx).

I hope this helps!

Carly

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

I think what we were looking at is having the info cube and a csv/excel file exported/published at the same time.  Our statisticians like to be able to analyze their data using SPSS and we like to provide them with the exact data at the same point in time that the info cube was created.

Thanks so much for the replies

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

You would not need to build a WebI report to do this. Please check the below post which should help to understand how it works??

http://scn.sap.com/message/10166171

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise

this is not my area of expertise so apologies if i missed the point.

It looks to me that you can achieve your point creating a query against your infocube and then publish this on to a portal (for example)

Is it helpful?

Let me know

cheers

a