cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility between CR 2011 and IE10

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other day I posted a question about my report parameters which were appearing like this on my Win7 machine:

Event when I used static values, the options would not appear nor would popup calendars on date parameters appear. Since the parameter screens are rendered as HTML, I copied the markup to an HTML file. It ran fine in FireFox and Chrome but in IE 10 I received exactly what appears in the image above. Since I just recently upgraded from IE8 to IE10, I rolled back to IE8, rebooted, and still have the same problem. Next, I removed IE completely, rebooted, and still have the same problem.

What must I do to restore my development environment to the way it was? Can I possibly tell the Crystal EXE to use another browser when it rendered HTML pages on the desktop?

Thanks

Carl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

CR doesn't fully support IE 10 yet, although not clear how Crystal Reports Designer has anything to do with IE 10, or any other browser?

Please explain?

As for the default browser there is usually an option in the browser on setting which one as the default, nothing to do with Crystal config.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR 2011 worked fine for me until I upgraded from IE8 to IE10.That's when the parameter screens refused to function. When I copied the parameter screen HTML to a separate HTML file, it worked in Chrome and FireFox but the exact same problem (no data in list boxes or drop downs and no popup calendars on date parameters) manifested itself in IE10 as in the Crystal parameter screen generated from the designer. I set FireFox as the default browser  but the problem is still there. CR 2011 must be using some type of HTML rendering support files that the uninstall of IE10 didn't remove.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Interesting... At this time there are known issues with IE 10, must run in Compatability mode when used in our SDK's.

Download the latest patch and test, may be fixed now. If not it should be shortly. And you are likely on Windows 8 which will definitely need an update to CR.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using CR 2011 14.0.4.738 under Win7. This should be the latest version. I've had to install CR 2011 on another machine in order to continue developing reports. Its looks like IE 10 completely screwed this box I'm on now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know of a timeframe when IE10 might be supported?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is now - SP 7:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces