cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In CR 2008 - is there a way where I can burst report from master report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's say i design and run a master report with data for all business units.

Every month I have to send information to each business unit's managers.

Is there a way i can run a master report and do a report bursting by business unit (and then automatically email them to each business manager)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use BOE XI 3.0 or 3.1 then you can use the new Publishing functionality to automatically burst a report.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is at least one 3rd-party Report Manager among those listed at: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html that provides exactly this type of report bursting and emailing functionality.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug

From your issue description, it seems that the report is run every month and now you want to send the report through email to individual Business Manager.

To achieve this functionality, you can schedule the report to refresh it every month and send the report through email from the Infoview. However to send the data of each Business Unit to respective Business Manager, you will have to follow the given below steps:

1) Create a parameter on Business Unit.

2) Refresh the report using the parameter and then send the report through email to the respective Business Manager.

As this is a tedious job, you can export the complete report to PDF from Infoview and use a third party application to break the PDF into different Business Unit and then send it to respective Business Manager through email.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!