cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In BI LaunchPad Dashboard file stuck on "Initializing" phase, just for some users

Former Member
0 Kudos

What could be the cause of this?

This is the issue: When accesing a Dashboard file from BI LaunchPad it gets stuck on "Initializing" phase apparently only if it is accessed by users that were migrated from BO XI r3 to a new system with BusinessObjects 4.0. 

If the dashboard is accessed by non-migrated users, -that's new users that were created directly in the new system - it is displayed properly.  But if a user that was migrated from the old system tries to access it, even if this user has full permissions even Administrator permissions, it won`t work and the dashboard gets stuck on "Initializing" phase and never shows up.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hello,

i had the same issue. I have narrowed it down to data connectivity that was causing the problem, if there were no connections that were refreshing on open the dashboard would not be stuck at the initializing state. The user was also in the administrator group. The only workaround that i found was to create a new user with the same authorizations and during early mooring hours delete the affected one and switch it with the newly created one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what we had to do.

Answers (0)