Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a table in DI at runtime.

former_member660243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to import a table at runtime in DI? Instead of importing it prior using it, I want to import it at runtime.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you want to do then is to use a template in the target and reuse it as a source table.

Yes it should be no problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What's the context? Do you want to read a table that you don't know the name of at design time?

M

former_member660243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to create a table at runtime, insert data to it and import the table so I can use it inside DI.

Regards,

Ncedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating and using tables at runtime is generally only possible by scripting or using the SQL transform. If the table structure is not known as design time, then scripting is the way to go, however there are some techniques that can be employed if you know the exact table structure at design time. Can you provide some more detail of what you're trying to achieve?

There is an XML Tollkit available which allows you to generate and import metadata on the fly (as opposed to design time), be warned it is quite advanced though.

Michael

former_member660243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What I have is this.

Table(s) that is stored un-pivotted for flexibility perposes, to allow additions/removals of columns to the table(s) without affecting the application. Also have a stored procedure that pivots that table(s) to make the table(s) data readable.

So, the columns of these tables can change anytime, so on the ETL side I need to cater for these changes, without having to change my code everytime. So I need to have a way that I can be able to create and import the table everytime my ETL runs.

Not sure if I'm making sense here.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the job has already read the metadata in the repository it should be no problem .

Regards,