cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import parameters for manually started workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

The purpose of my workflow is to drive the user throw a procedure to change specific contract data (VA42).

The requirement is to:

• start the workflow manually with the reference to the contract --> done thanks to the Start Form
  • have first a user decision ("Please change parameters X and Y in this contract") with a reference to the contract --> done
  • when the user answers "yes" to this user decision, the VA42 is immediatly opened in EDIT mode
  • the contract number inserted from the workflow initiator as input parameter is foreseen automatically

I'm not able to foresee this last 2 steps. I know how to do it with automatically started workflows, using the BOR Object (in this case BUS2032) also in the triggering event, for example for approval workflows, but in this case I'm not able to:

1. open VA42 (via Call Transaction, I suppose, but I don't know how)
  2. tell to the system to import the value I used in the Start Form (/BEV1/RBVBAK - VBELN) and use it in VA42 transaction

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion.

Best regards,

Ermanno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need an instance of BUS2034 in your Workflow container and use a task, based on method BUS2034.EDIT to call the VA42.

Example task is TS 20000141  (be aware that the EDIT method is defined of being asynchronous, so you'd need a terminating event for the task)

You can use a Workflow Wizard step "Generic instantiate" to create a BOR instance out of a given VBELN. You can also look for tasks the execute SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE method.

Florin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

I tried using TS20000141, that works as call transaction for VA42, but unfortunately I'm not able to link the Contract Number I give in input at the very first beginning (Start Form --> /BEV1/RBVBAK -  VBELN) to the transaction, so the transaction is opended without input data (contract number = blank).

Moreover, also if I put the number manually, when I change something in the contract and then save, the workitem is still in Inbox and I'm not able to go on.

I searched the Wizard you mentioned, but I did not find it in my system:

Do you have any further suggestion, please?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ermanno

StephaneBailleu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ermano

That is the Include Create Object Reference. but you'll need the contract number.

In your transaction you have the contract number ? So why don't you generate an event after you instanciate your BUS2034 ?

Always better to raise an event than to trigger a workflow directly;

Best regards

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's here:

However, Stephane is right to take a look at the contract number in the first place.

As far as I remember, that number isn't automatically filled from the starting transaction, even if you're using the GOS Workflow--> Start Workflow functionality.

The .EDIT method is defines as being "asychronously"... if that term is new to you, there's a larger gap... For the moment I'd suggest to follow a one-step-after-another approach, and this would mean: Get the contract# first ... then the call to the Edit method. The rest is pretty much common problems.

Florin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should create a custom method with a call transaction using bdc_tab. Check the Se38 help on call transaction for more info on the subject, there are probably blogs on this subject as well.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

it sounds strange to me that there is no standard call transaction functionality in sap workflow, it looks like a pretty common tool for workflows.

Anyway, thanks. I will look for blogs on this subject.

kind regards,

Ermanno

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you also wanted to prefill some parameters for this transaction to prevent human error. If it is a simple call, please follow Florins advice.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans