cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Location Not Found (using SAP HANA along with AWS)

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to load the SFLIGHT data into the AWS EC2 instance. I followed Part 5 of the set up (used Putty, used the link for the sflight.zip).

After loading this, I tried to create SFLIGHT tables in the studio by selecting the main menu FILE > Import.

Then I selected Catalog Objects. The studio does not display the screen where I can select the SAP HANA system. I get this screen and error message instantly. If I type in the path, nothing happens either. The NEXT button is just grayed out. 

Any suggestions on how I can I get this to work? This is odd because the EXPORT function is able to recognize the SAP instance that I have. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know how to load the SFLIGHT data into the AWS EC2 instance. Thanks very much

I051914
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Annie

Did you try to re install Hana Client and Hana Studio on your desktop or Install on another desktop?

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

I reinstalled the HANA Client and HANA Studio in my laptop. I still get the same error message when I try to import the SFLIGHT data: "No Location Specified".

When I select Import > SAP HANA Studio > Catalog Objects, the Select System screen gets displayed and it shows my AWS SAP HANA instance. Then when I select my instance and click Next, the Specify Location screen displays the message "No Location Specified".

I am able to access my AWS instance through putty. I also have tried importing data from my local drive (.csv files) and that worked fine. I was able to create column tables from the .csv files.

So is this a security issue or something?

I hope I could use the SFLIGHT data or some ECC data (like SD data) from with the AWS instance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem.

I see the system flashing the system name briefly, and then it responds with "No location specified"

I had a look at the "SAP HANA Database – Development Guide" published yesterday (yes, yesterday), and it is clear that once we select a system, the location should be the system (please refer to page 29 and 30).

My suspicion is that there is a bug in HANA and that a correction should be available soon..

Anyone has had different experiences with this?

0 Kudos

After a lot of help from Ingo Sauerzapf and Juergen Schmerden, we have found a workaround:

1) In my case, I re-exported the files using Binary format

(that was done like this:

1. Select the SCHEMA you want to export, right-click in "Export", and make sure to select the entire schema
  2. Exported to a local file on my PC, format BINARY

2) Now, using Putty, I logged on to the server and executed the following Unix commands:

1. cd /sap/url/HDB
  2. md importdata
  3. cd importdata

3) In windows, I zipped my new directory, where the schema was exported (I called it TEAM15_BIN) creating file TEAM15_BIN.zip

4) Using winSCP, I uploaded the zip file into /sap/usr/HDB/importdata

• Still, in winSCP, I changed the owner of the file to hdbadm (I used right-click-> Properties)

5) Back to Putty, I executed the following Unix:

1. su hdbadm
  2. (if you do not know the password for hdbadm, please use: passwrd hdbadm to change it)
  3. unzip TEAM15_BIN
  4. all the folders and files were created, with hdbadm as the owner.

6) Finally, in HANA, I executed the following SQL:

1. create schema TEAM15   
  2. import all as binary from '/sap/usr/HDB/importdata/TEAM15_BIN/'

All tables were created and loaded... as the import should have done.

Thank you again Ingo and Juergen for all the help.

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Since I don't have an existing schema for the SFLIGHT data, I tried:

1) In putty, switched to user hdbadm. Created the directory /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST.

2) Copied the sflight.zip from another directory that was owned by 'root'. So in /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST, the sflight.zip is owned by hdbadbm.

3) unzipped sflight.zip and all the directories and  files created are owned by hdbadm.

4) In HANA sql editor:

create schema SFLIGHT_TST;

import all as binary from '/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST;

I got this error message:

Statement 'create schema SFLIGHT_TST' successfully executed in 50 ms 133 µs  - Rows Affected: 0

Could not execute 'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/ ''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/ 

Duration of 2 statements: 50 ms

0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

It appears that your zip files were unzipped in folder /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/sflight

If that was the case, the command in SQL should've been:

'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/sflight'

If it fails, could you please create a schema sflight and try again?

Could you please try it like this and let me know the result?

Otherwise, could you please do a "ls" inside folder  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/sflight ?

Cheers

Renato

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renato,

Thanks for taking the time to analyze this.

But no, the sflight.zip file was unzipped in /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST and it created the subdirectory index. Under the subdirectory index, there is the subdirectory SFLIGHT.

Here is the listing:

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST # ls

index  sflight.zip

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST # ls -l

total 76552

drwxr-xr-x 3 hdbadm sapsys     4096 Oct 19  2011 index

-rw-r----- 1 hdbadm sapsys 78302588 Nov  9 04:07 sflight.zip

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST # cd index

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index # ls

SFLIGHT

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index # ls SFLIGHT

SA  SB  SC  SD  SF  SG  SM  SN  SP  SS  ST

So, I tried importing from:

1) /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/SFLIGHT

2) /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/

and also tried deleting and re-creating the schema SFLIGHT_TST before importing.

Here are the logs:

Could not execute 'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/SFLIGHT''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/SFLIGHT

Could not execute 'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index

Statement 'create schema SFLIGHT_TST' successfully executed in 51 ms 313 µs  - Rows Affected: 0

Could not execute 'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index

Duration of 2 statements: 51 ms

Statement 'create schema SFLIGHT_TST' successfully executed in 48 ms 641 µs  - Rows Affected: 0

Could not execute 'import all as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/SFLIGHT''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/index/SFLIGHT

Duration of 2 statements: 48 ms

Sadly, all attempts failed. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

You would need to run the import using the parent folder of the "index" subfolder.

So, try the following syntax:

import "SFLIGHT"."*" as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST'

Regards,

Ferry

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

I tried your suggestion but the error is still the same:

Could not execute 'import "SFLIGHT"."*" as binary from ' /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST''

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2]: general error: Cannot open the path  /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST

Appreciate all the help. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

The error message seems to be related on directory permission on /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST folder (might be owned by root, in which hdbadm may not have access).

Please double-check the directory permission for SFLIGHT_TST folder, and ensure that hdbadm user can access from the parent folder to the underlying sub-folder(s).

If you're not sure about the directory permission setup, I would suggest you to open the read/write/access permission on the folder, by running the following unix command:

chmod -R 777 /sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST

Regards,

Ferry

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I created the SFLIGHT_TST directory using the hdbadm user.

imdbhdb:/ # ls -l sap/usr/HDB/

total 28

drwxr-x--- 5 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Nov  4 21:52 HDB00

drwxr-x--- 3 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Nov  9 04:07 SFLIGHT_TST

drwxr-x--- 3 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Sep 11 13:11 SYS

drwxr-x--- 3 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Sep 11 13:11 exe

drwxr-x--- 5 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Sep 11 13:18 global

drwxr-x--- 6 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Nov  4 21:51 home

drwxr-xr-x 2 hdbadm sapsys 4096 Sep 13 07:52 profile

imdbhdb:/ # ls -l sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST

total 76552

Also the SFLIGHT_TST directory was created within the sap directory that came with the SAP HANA AWS package. That's why I don't understand why the SAP HANA studio can't access the files.

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay I finally got it!

I did the following statements:

1) In the Java SSH,  chmod 777 -R on the index directory (even if it is already owned by the hdbadm user).

total 76552

imdbhdb:/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST # chmod 777 -R index                                                                                                                                          

total 76552

drwxrwxrwx 3 hdbadm sapsys     4096 Oct 19  2011 index

2) In the Studio, I ran this simple statement (I didn't even have to include the Create Schema  statement). It created the schema SFLIGHT instantly.

import all  from '/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/';

Statement 'import all from '/sap/usr/HDB/SFLIGHT_TST/'' successfully executed in 18.393 seconds  - Rows Affected: 0

Thanks Renato and Ferry for your help!

0 Kudos

Great, Annie!

Thanks for posting back the solution.

Cheers

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After refreshing and changing from Modeler to Admin Console view and back, I tried importing and got an error message about cache refresh. Waited a few seconds and tried again.

After selecting Import, the studio now displays the screen for selecting the SAP HANA system. When I select the system, the next screen still shows the error the message: No Location Specified.

After I type the path, nothing happens and the NEXT button is also grayed out. Any suggestions please? Appreciate your help.

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

I also added the user SYSTEM in linux. Even when I did this, after selecting the instance for the import, the studio displays the error message "No Location Specified".