cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Enterprise Portal"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to download the "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Enterprise Portal" in my laptop IMB T42 ( Intel M Mobile processor 1.7 Ghz with 1 GB memory).

My questions are as follows.

1> I am not sure what are the procedure for downloading and implementing this.. I believe that I need to download the Java edition ...

2> There are two files to be downloaded , What are the steps for imstalling and getting the portal running..

3> I also not sure whether I need to download the "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Web Application Server 6.40 Java, ABAP, MaxDB, Developer Studio" .. BEFORE I install the portal... I beleive that EP can only sit on a WAS,

Thanks

Arunava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

when I go to the download center and switch between the menu 'EP' or 'WEB AS' and click the menu for download in either of the two , I see essentially the same thing like 'slim edition', 'java edition' .. etc

And also the componenet ( like SAP Web Application Server

, SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, SAP Enterprise Portal

SAP Knowledge Management etc etc ) are also the same...

Are these two download same then and both of them already have WAS as well as Portal and hence I beleive my 3rd question is already answered..

However I don't see the MaxDB option, which is mentioned in the WEBAS download..

I wonder without the MAXDB where will the Portal store the data?

Thanks

Arunava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arunava,

If you want to install sneak preview of NW04 Portal, please go to the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Here, download two files under <b>"Java Edition"</b>. Which will install MaxDB, SAP WAS JAVA, NWDS and EP(Portal platform & KM).

For installation procedure, please follow the below link:

Hope your problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks , will do the saME

Please answer my question below.

when I go to the download center and switch between the menu 'EP' or 'WEB AS' and click the menu for download in either of the two , I see essentially the same thing like 'slim edition', 'java edition' .. etc

And also the componenet ( like SAP Web Application Server

, SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, SAP Enterprise Portal

SAP Knowledge Management etc etc ) are also the same Under the Java edition...

Please see the component under wither of these two for the Java edition ..

EP WEB AS

SAP Web Application Server X X

SAP NetWeaver Dev Studio X X

SAP Enterprise Portal X X

SAP Knowledge Management X X

SAP Composite Application X X

Interactive Forms Adobe X X

File size 1 1.5gb 1.5gb

File size 2 1.3gb 1.3gb

1> Given the above , it looks like both of these are same. Does it really matter whether you download the file from EP section or WEB AS section of the download section.

2> These files have extension as .RAR. Please let me know how do I extract the content and start insalling?