cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILM: Can you customize Archieve file paths/names.

ben09
Explorer
0 Kudos

When archieving MM_ACCTIT, CO_MM_BEL MM_HDEL, MM_MATBEl as some examples. During the process of archieving after a system copy or having to archieve objects that have not previously been archieved I've experienced reaching a maximum number of files quite often, resulting in me to make a ludicrous amount of ranges over various selection criteria. Most of this seems to be due to how the archieve file names/URI's are generated, can I change how an archieve objects file name is made?

I apologise about the tags, I could not see anything more specific for ILM.

View Entire Topic
Pankaja
Discoverer

Hello Ben,

Yes, the archive file path/name can be customized according to your requirements in FILE tcode. For  maximum space in the name range for the archive file, SAP recommends using 
<PARAM_1>_<DATE>_<TIME>_<PARAM_2>.ARCHIVE and my recommendation would be

<PARAM_3>_<DATE>_<TIME>_<PARAM_2>.arc since this enables you to distinguish between the files based on Archiving object name.

For more details of what these parameters mean, you can refer to this link:
https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_gbt10/1.0/en-US/4d/88692f8d7a40ade10000000a15822b/content.htm?no_ca...

Regards,
Pankaja

ben09
Explorer
0 Kudos
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I want to change the individual files in the storage, for example this archieve file for MM_INVBEL URI/qe1/100/ad/mm_invbel/1000/_/iz/2063/20221231/011307/011307-001mm_invbel.adk, as it uses both WERK and presumably company code or valuation area it creates way to many archieve files. But maybe you can change that too there?
Pankaja
Discoverer
0 Kudos
When creating the ILM policy (IRMPOL tcode), you seem to have selected all available condition fields resulting in the following being added in the URI: /1000/_/iz/2063 (Storage location/special stock indicator/transaction type/plant). If your intention is to segregate based on plant, then delete the old rule and create a new one with only WERKS/plant to be added to the rule and the issue would be resolved.