cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IisProxy: User authentication failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're trying to set up a portal server to serve as an extranet portal. Due to company regulations, we need an IIS server for access through the DMZ, so we chose to place an IIS Server with IisProxy in the DMZ.

After the necessary configurations, this works. However if I access the target extranet system directly I get the logon screen, which is what we want, but if I access the same system through the extranet box, thus through IisProxy, I get a message saying 'User authentication failed' on the login page. I am able to login after that without any further issues.

Although this is not impacting performance or stability, it's not pretty and we'd like to have it resolved.

I tried messing around with the login modules, which are now back to defaults, but this does not help. I also could not find anything on SDN that helps me.

So, currently the login module stacks looks like this:

1)com.sap.security.core.server.jaar.EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT {ume.configuration.active=true}

2) BasicPasswordLoginModule REQUISITE {}

3) com.sap.security.core.server.jaar.CreateTicketLoginModule OPTIONAL {ume.configuration.active=true}

Any input is greatly appreciated. Regards,

Steven Dijkman.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try removing 1) and 3) from your logon stack.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated in the last post of the thread (wrong location) I already tried this but it doesn't work... any other ideas?

Thanks,

Steven.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried moving the order of the login stacks already, as well as playing around with the order but nothing I tried solved the issue.

Any other ideas?

Message was edited by: Steven Dijkman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

What is the version of IIS ?

Anyways there are couple or SAP notes 713568, 664998, 715303, 867155

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveen.

PS.Dont forget to reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked at all the messages but sadly they don't seem to apply... IisProxy seems to be aimed at achieving SSO, not bypassing it in order to function simply as an 'empty' proxy...

Thanks,

Steven.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven,

I have implemented WIA with iisproxy 1.6.2 and EP6 SP12. If an invalid entry is passed in remote_user i also get the 'user authentication failed' error message but I am not able to get past basic authentication. It just does not accept any valid credentials.

Any idea? This does seem to tally up with the idea that iisproxy is aimed at achieving SSO. Surely that's a bug.

Thanks

Mr.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. T,

A couple of questions first:

1 - what is WIA?

2 - is your IisProxy on a different machine than your SAP Web AS?

3 - if you authenticate to IisProxy successfully, do you still have the issue with Basic Authentication? Is the Basic Authentication prompt coming from IisProxy or the SAP Web AS?

The only thing I can say based on the info you currently provided, is that there may be an issue with the security ACL on the file system that is used by IIS. Probably your user does not have sufficient rights to access files on the Windows file system.

And last but not least: the question you ask is a separate question that actually seems to differ from the one I asked (and incidentally, hasn't been solved yet). In the future it's probably a good idea not to reply a post with another question, but to start a new thread especially for your question.

Regards,

Steven.