cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC regression testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! all..

We would like to do regression testing on an IDOC that was modified a bit.

Modification in the sense, we added some code to pass the DUNS # from a custom table to LIFNR field of the IDOC. I see no regression with this. But my ABAPer is very adamant that I do regession.

For such a scenario, what wud be the ideal procedure to do it?

please help me out.

thanks a lot.

-sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zy,

Regression testing for IDoc (Outbound Processing) usually involves:

• Ensure the custom IDoc populated with correct control info and functional data for any IDoc extension and enhancement.

• Ensure the IDoc sends propely to the ALE layer for distribution and goes to the correct partner profile.

• Ensure the IDoc updates the status and handles the errors.

• Volume testing for large batch processing.

Hope this info will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would agree with the idea of regression testing here as it is a customer field data that is being passed and there is extra code written there.

Send the IDOC's from the source system and check in the target whether you are recieving the new field or not. If you are, then make its being considered for processing.

Regards.

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

thats what we ve been doin. i send the IDOCS out to GENTRAN and GENTRAN EDI perosn says it works fine. So i am assuming our enhancement does what it supposed to. Am i right?

-sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if the GENTRAN person is checking the data and telling you that he is getting the new fields, then you should be fine. From your side, as well you can go to WE02 and look at the outbound IDOC and make sure the new field has the data as expected.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark helpful answers.