thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammad,

Please ensure that you are modifying the right logon par file which is refered in the authschemes.xm file.

Ram

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammad,

Its very much possible to add a new link on the logon page by customizting logon par file.

Please follow these procedure:-

1. Downlaod the latest Par file from portal under System Admin -> Support

2. Upload the downloaded file into NWDS in EP perspectibe and add required jars in Java Buil path and lb folder

3.Navigate to the folder PORTAL-INF -and open the jsp file umelogonpages.jsp to cutomize.

4. Just add the following sample codein jsp to refer a website. Please this code where ever you want on the logon page as per your requirement.

<a href="http://www.google.comu>My Google></a>

5. Deploy the modified component into EP.

Please let me know if youe need more details.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohammed,

Try start with this blog:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Damian,

thank you that bolg is very usefull. I have already on the logon page two hyperlink, and I'm trying to add on more. I found those code on umlogonBotArea.txt. I copyied one of the previous code and pasted it whith the changing of the thired URL. I saved it. then I restart the server but nothing happened.

please help me to figure this out step by step

regards,

Mohammed

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Did you download com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par, modify and deploy it?

Or did you change a file on your Server? Then it might be, that your changes got owerwritten by the serverrestart.

Another possibility would be your Browser Cache. Clear your Browsercache or go to the Lonon Site and Press CTRL+F5.

Best regards,

Christian Schebesta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian Schebesta

I have made my change on the server. but nothing changed.

Thanks for your cooperation. I hope this issue solved soon.

Regards,

Mohammed

Edited by: Mohammed EP on Nov 16, 2009 11:36 AM

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

you have to download the Logon.par, as described in the blog that "Damian Javier" metioned. It might be, that your server deploys the logon.par after rebooting. so your changes get lost. I think you have to change the logon.par so your changes get deployed when the server starts.

Best Regards,

Christian Schebesta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still cannot see the changes.

should I do any changes on the XML file?

I'm doing my chnges on two file directly on the server

1) :ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon/lib >> logonLables_en.properties

2) ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon >>umLogonBotArea.txt

I only changes those two files, but nothing changes on the logon page

Please need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still cannot see the changes.

should I do any changes on the XML file?

I'm doing my chnges on two file directly on the server

1) :ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon/lib >> logonLables_en.properties

2) ROOT/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon >>umLogonBotArea.txt

I only changes those two files, but nothing changes on the logon page

Please need help

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

the logon.par file contains the umLogonBotArea.txt file. So everytime, the server deployes the par file, your changes will be overwritten.

best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christain,

So why do you think the changes are not displayed on the logon page?

regards,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it something related to

portalapp.xml or authschemes.xml

since I'm not changing the name of the file the changes only in the code

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

as you are writing "com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon" i suppose, your company already has an own portal logon.par. Why don't you just modify this and deploy it? It might be, tht the server caches the contents of the par file. So your changes would be read when server starts again. but then, it overwrites your changes, because there is an old par file, without your changes.

do you have one instance with one server? if not, it might also be possible, that you look at another server than the one, one wich you have changed the files.

best regards,

christian

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

if you want to change a file on the server, it seems to be the only possibility, that you go to the folder j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

there, you change the filename com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak to com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.zip

you edit the umLogonBotArea.txt in the zip file. afterwards, you rename the file to com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par

then restart the server and you will see your changes.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

this path do not have the changes

the changes under

/usr/sap/DP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon

on this file umLogonBotArea.txt

please need more detail

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

if you want it to work, you will have to edit this file:

/usr/sap/DP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak

You have to edit the "umLogonBotArea.txt" in "com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak". It's a ZIPed file. so you will have to decomress and recompress it. Or, if you have a good ZIP Program, you can edit it there. Afterwards, you have to remove the ".bak" from the file and restart the Server.

Before you change the file, you should make a backup.

editing the file in /usr/sap/DP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon won't work.

What details do you need additionaly?

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian

there is no com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak

under the path usr/sap/DP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/pcd

there is only com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak

whereas there is com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon file somewhere elsse

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

then you might get the com.<company name>.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak file from

/usr/sap/DP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/deployment/temp

download the file to your machine, so you can edit it easier. if you have portal admin permissions, you should be able to deploy the par without server restart. System Administration -> Support -> Portal Runtime -> Administration Console. Here you can upload PAR files. this should do in some seconds without server restart.

Best regards,

Christian