cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have crystal report files on server in a folder. i want to go into the server and run the .rpt file manually, not from asp.net. How can i do it ? When i try opening it doesnot show me any option in the server .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have crystal report files on server in a folder. i want to go into the server and run the .rpt file manually, not from asp.net. How can i do it ? When i try opening it doesnot show me any option in the server .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply . From where will i get the CR designer and is it free.

Thanks!!

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not free, but you can download a 30-day trial version from here:  http://go.sap.com/product/analytics/crystal-reports.licensing-purchasing.html

There are also third-party viewers available for reports.  A good place to start looking for one is here: Crystal Reports Viewers, Schedulers and Related Products

Or you can write an application to view reports using either the .NET or the Java SDK.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvendu,

It is not free, you must purchase the license. You can always host it on shared hosting, asphostportal.com offer crystal report hosting. Their hosting plan quite affordable

0 Kudos

But be careful, often they will not keep the runtime up to date so make sure this is an option for you/them if using a third party site to host your application. And that they will notify you if they do update the runtime, it could break your app.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You need Crystal Reports Designer installed on the server.

Or copy the RPT file to a PC with CR installed.

Don