cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant see the Datasource after transportation to Production BW System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The problem is this: i have a datasource in a package, this package have been transportating to BW PROD System without errors, then a go to the RSA1, modeling, SourceSystems and select the correct source system then i choose the option of Replicate DataSource and finally i make click in the refresh tree option but my DataSource it´s not there.

What can i do? may be some problem of authorization?

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend

Check the transportation Log in SE10 and check if theres your datasource in the Transport request and verifiy if theres a message for that datasource...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the transportation Log in SE10 and check if theres your datasource in the Transport request and verifiy if theres a message for that datasource...

Regards

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

The datasource transport would be a source system side transport. So you can check RSA6 of the corresponding source system to see if your active datasource is available there.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Thanks for your help, i went to the trans RSA6 but i cant see my Datasource there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have a transport in the source system (R/3) for the datasource? If so, you need to transport this to your Production source system. You should then be able to see it in RSA6 in the source system.

Once the datasource is in the Production source system, then Replicate the DataSources in BW. Then import your BW transports to BW Production.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geo,

In this case, my Datasource is Generic because my sourcesystem is not SAP system, is AS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is this a DBConnect/UDConnect source system?

let us know...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

In this case we are using DBConnect , also we saw that the generic extractor is in BW PROD but not we can not see it inside the Function Group. I dont know if because of this i´m not available too see my generic datasource.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me understand this clearly.

Did you create a BW datasource (in MyBW source system) via generic extractor using a function module accessing your AS400?

If this is correct, replicate datasource from the MyBW source system.

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that is correct, also i have replicated the datasource and then i update the tree but there is not my Datasource, also i went to the maintain Generic Datasource option and when a look for the Datasource than have been transportated the system show me a message that the DataSource is not defined in the source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

than your datasource hasn't been imported properly...

ensure that necessary objects are also in production and well active: extract structure, function module, ....

I assume you have packed the transport using RSA6 in your BW DEV.

Repeat this process

After the import, can you see your DS in RS6/PRODBW?

let me know

Olivier.