Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot delete an API Product in API Management

declanmoore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have followed the Tutorial group: Get Started with API Management from SAP Developer Tutorials.

I am now trying to undo the actions from this tutorial so I can repeat the steps as part of a demo. But I cannot Delete the API Product I created. If I open the Product page and select Delete I get "Unable to delete Product | while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of a null object returned from com.sap.apimgmt.asmprov.commons.api.exception.APIManagementBusinessException.getMessage()
[Request ID: 39300088-2dd8-42e7-a160-7131608e339e]"

I have seen a number of suggested fixes but none work in my instance. The fixes I have attempted:

1. The API Product is associated with an Application: I have no Applications within my API Management Portal so this does not apply.

2. Another suggestion was to Edit the API Product, remove the API Proxy within the API Product and Publish the API Product without the API Proxy associated with it. However when I remove the API Proxy the button to Publish the API Product becomes greyed out and there's no other way to save it.

This used to be a way to get around this but it no longer works.

Any advice appreciated.

Kasturi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Declan,

Could you please share the region where you've subscribed the Developer portal?

The dev team can search for the logs and try to resolve the issue.

You can also raise a ticket through the SAP Support PortalInformation published on SAP site using the following component OPU-API-OD-DT. For more information, see Product SupportInformation published on SAP site.

Thanks,

Kasturi

View Entire Topic
declanmoore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

kasturi.kabiraj

The region is https://api.cf.us10.hana.ondemand.com - AWS US East (VA). It's on a Trial Account.

Thanks

Kasturi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sukhil.patil and kranti.khilari: Could you please help Declan resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kasturi