Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't set the Approval process for a KM folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a problem with the Approval process to publish a document in a KM folder

I want to set the system in order to a end user can upload a document in a KM folder.

Then, I want to a other user can approve this upload, and confirm it.

Then, the document, at this moment, is visible to others users.

I suposse that this requirement is possible.

But doesnt work.

I set the Approval process for a folder (in detail/settings), and a authorization step, with a other user to approve.

But nothing happen, users continue can upload documents and this documents are visible to all, no effect.

what are I missing ?

Anybody can explain me with a example ?

thanks in advance.

Leandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

om the SMP you can also find a How-To-Guide 'Implementing a Single Folder/Multiple Authors Scenario'. Maybe that this fits more to your needs?

Kind regards

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patricio. I suppose that is not posibble then.

If I want to use a "temp" folder to upload, and the, the approval user, when check this document, is possible to redirectioning this document automatically to other folder ?

Perhaps is a solution for this issue.

Thanks Karin, but.. i cant found this documento.. where is it ?

thanks.

Leandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leandro,

You can not redirectioning automatically. You can use home user folder, each user upload document in your home, approver can be subcribed to this folder. Each time that a new document is uploaded, the approver receive a notification that a new document was uploaded.

Then he can move it to publish folder.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patricio.

I resign myself to do it thus.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patricio, off-topic question:

Are you from Argentina, isnt it ?

How can you solved the problem that Argentina is not in the country list when you create a Portal user ?

thanks, regards.

Leandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

I don't know which version you are using, but Argentina appears in this country list. I am using EP 7.0. with last sp.

Patricio.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

you can find the HowToGuide (it is a zip file including a par-file) on http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000073623&;

Sorry, I didn't relize your question up to today

Hope this helps

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Patricio. I am using EP 6 SP 16 and Argentina is missing.

thanks karin for the link.

regards

Leandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karin and Patricio.

I am testing this steps and now I can see the approval option into detail/settings, but, I need something more:

the doubt is:

- If I give read-only permission to a user, this user cannot upload documents.

- If I give read/write permission to a user, can upload docs but cannot able to use workflow to approval.

But.. I want this situation: All user can upload documents, but all user only see docuemnts once approved.

Is possible ? how ?

thanks in advance!

(sorry for reply the message, was a mistake)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the upload user must have read/write permision to be able upload document.

As this user has read permision and was added process approval can submit to approval this document.

When the document is approved is seen by all users with read right. If the user has read-write permision

can see or read this document in any time.

Obviously, if you have users who must upload document, they must have read-write rights. They can see these documents before to be approved, because they have write permision.

You can solve this problem using acl, after upload a document remove automatically write permisions for this document, but you must develop it.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

You must add statemngt service in the repository.

Don't forget that it allow you to

"Enables documents to be processed according to their current status, for example, in approval workflows.

Note that the status management service requires the service ACL service and the application property service."

Once you did it, you must restart.

After that, you have to enable approval service in the folder. (context menu->details->setting->approval enable and define the approval process).

For instace:

1-Upload step -

>U user

2-Allow upload step--->A user.

Also you have to define folder permission.

U user -->full control

A user -->read

Everyone->read

When U upload a document, nobody see it, when U submit it to approve, in this moment it will be seen by A user. When A approve it, this document will be seen by everyone.

Patricio.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/04/9053ad76fd0948b4ec2abf97898a3e/frameset.htm

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

have you changed the permissions for the folder? Every user with write-permissions can see every document. Only users that have only read-permissions can see the approved documents.

In addition you have to start the the approval-process explicitly for every user

Kind regards

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karin and Patricio.

I am testing this steps and now I can see the approval option into detail/settings, but, I need something more:

the doubt is:

- If I give read-only permission to a user, this user cannot upload documents.

- If I give read/write permission to a user, can upload docs but cannot able to use workflow to approval.

But.. I want this situation: All user can upload documents, but all user only see docuemnts once approved.

Is possible ? how ?

thanks in advance!